Posted 2017-08-23T20:32:35Z

We Miss You...But We Will See You Soon

Hello friends. For those of you who follow this blog, I am sure you know now that Brian has gone home to be with the Lord. He left for eternity on July 18, 2017, at 2:45 a.m while surrounded by love and prayers and was welcomed into Heaven in the presence of his Savior.

"So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord,  for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.  So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him." 2 Corinthians 5:6-9

I have not written here because, frankly, it is just really hard to write right now. I am at perfect peace as to where Brian is and I am so legitimately happy for him to be Home with the Lord, but living this life without him is the biggest challenge of my life. God is sustaining us. He is carrying us through this journey, but the pain is real and hard and devastating right now.

I am grateful beyond words at the outpouring of love that has not stopped, but has continued in so many ways since Brian passed. As it has been from the beginning of this journey, you are all such amazing representatives of the Lord and with each kind gesture, word, morsel, gift, hug and embrace, I feel His presence. Thank you. I could never thank you enough.

A celebration of Brian's faith and life will be held this Saturday, August 26th, at 11 am at Warehouse Christian Ministries. The details are in his obituary and can be found here. It will be a service that will honor God and honor the wonderful man who sought to serve Him and who continues to adore Him. I hope you can make it. I would love to give you a hug in person. The service will be such an amazing outpouring of love and generosity with all those who are contributing to it. I know you will be blessed.

Thank you so much for your love for my sweet Brian. It means more to me than you will ever know.

God bless you.

sherrie sicam

Although we are of different faith, I am happy that you are finding solace in the Eternal G-d. I remember Brian as a little boy, a boyhood friend of my nephew John Hurwitz. This blog has allowed all of us to pray, learn, respect, and admire your deep love for Brian and your faith. May you and your children continue to find the inner strength and courage to face life's challenges. Sherrie Sicam

Teresa Zucchet

Beautiful words once again Lisa. Sending so much love and light to you and your boys and please know how much the three of you will be in my thoughts as you celebrate Brian's life and faith on Saturday. I will be sending prayers from afar. XOXO, Teresa

Ward Campbell

There is also a line from Shakespeare, "I am gone, though I am here." And "here" he remains always. Will be thinking of all of you on Saturday. Ward

Jana long

Oh Lisa! I am so sorry! I honestly cannot imagine the grief your family is going through. I will keep you all in my prayers - may you feel peace and comfort from our Heavenly Father.

Jeff and Karen Lynch

We love you Lisa, David and Jack. Brian is so proud of you, Lisa, and of his two boys, as you walk this painful path. Your reunion in eternity will be oh so sweet. Prayers for peace, strength, and hope are continuing. We'll see you Saturday, and join you in celebrating Brian's life of unwavering faithfulness to his Savior and God. A life so beautiful and so worth celebrating. Jeff and Karen

marie haworth

Dearest Lisa, What a beautiful testimony you are of how faithful the Lord is to fill those who choose to put their trust and faith in Him with His comfort and strength when we go through the storms of life. I am so sorry to hear of Brian's passing but, what incredible hope there is in knowing that one day you will be reunited once again forever! I remember Brian from Guinn Foss elementary school many years ago and remember him as the boy who was always one of the first ones out on the soccer field every recess and lunch break. Know that you and your family have been in my prayers and will continue to be! "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

debbie chernoff

Hey Lisa...what can one say at a time like this? Words fail and fall short. I am so glad we all know exactly where he is and as you have said this separation is temporary. I'm thrilled for him, as I am for all those who seem to have gotten their ticket so soon. I cannot imagine the hole that is left in your home/heart and that of your family. Thank God that He fills all in all. Their is no vacuum. I am really sorry I am unable to attend Brian's service. I so long to reach out and give you a hug. I'm helping Tatyana with the kids in So Cal while her husband is mending from an ankle operation. My thots and prayers are with you and the boys. My prayer is that he will continue to hold you and direct you in the days ahead. Love and hugs, debbie

Sylvia Weber

Dear Lisa, All the spiritual truths of where Brian is now, who God is, and how near He is to all of you does not remove the truth that you and your boys are suffering a tremendous loss. Jesus wept. Sending love ❤️

Diane Aguirre

Lisa you are truly an inspiration of a woman of God. Brian is truly blessed to have a wife who loves and adores him. You have your sons to live the legacy Brian left behind....and yes, this is truly a short good bye. In God's perfect timing, we will be reunited with our loved ones.... you will be reunited with Brian and Joshua....

Janis McLean

We will have you all in our thoughts. We are so sorry that we can't join you. With much love, John and Janis McLean