So Long ICU
We were absolutely blown away at the the support from friends and strangers alike who read our most recent post and shared and prayed and encouraged. Thank you for following our journey and for trekking with us.
This has been an insanely scary, long, and exhausting week. Adam is making small steps each day toward healing and restoration. We had no idea what this post-surgery journey would look like, but we weren't visualizing all of this.
We are seeing glimpses of healing and answered prayer, though, in spite of the challenges:
* Adam spent 4 nights and 4 days in the ICU, but today at 5pm, he was STEPPED DOWN to inpatient care. This means that his vitals are stabilizing and that he is making progress. This also means that after 4 days, he should finally get to sleep! The ICU takes such amazing care of patients, but being woken every 30 minutes to check on things doesn't leave much room for sleeping.
* Adam has been up and walking with a walker for 2 days. His determination and perseverance are amazing! He's working against a foot-long incision in his stomach, neuropathy and swelling in his legs, and extreme fatigue and he's dominating the hallway!
* Adam's blood pressure has normalized.
We still have a long road ahead of us. Please continue to pray with us:
* For all of Adam's vitals to move into the normal range. His heart rate is still extremely elevated and he's still struggling to breathe on his own while he sleeps.
* For his pain to be managed. The doctors are still working on the right cocktail that will manage the pain. He is in an insane amount of pain, it's so hard to watch.
* For good, deep, healing sleep in his new digs. Sleep does wonders for the body, praying it does for his!
* For strength and endurance (emotional and physical). We are still processing what will be the long-term effects of this surgery, and it's a lot. Please pray for both of us as we adjust expectations.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for loving us so well!
AWESOME NEWS!!!! So proud of you both & how you're hanging in there through this very difficult and scary process. I had no words after reading your last post, other than, "Thank you God for sparing Adam's life". You both are loved and Adam, you have been amazingly strong through all of the grueling treatments & surgeries. May God continue to strengthen you both, fill you with His presence and peace, and shower you with His love, grace and mercy. Hugs & love, Kim
Thank you for all the updates. Love and hugs to you both. Continuing to lift you both up to our Loving Father.
Thinking and praying for recovery. My dad was in ICU for 8 weeks (fall 2012) and in the hospital another 4 weeks after that (not knowing for much of that time if he would make it). I understand how exhausting the lengthy hospital stay can be & the stress of the upcoming days. Praying for full recovery and strength...and for medical team to do their best. I watched my dad lose so much weight during 3 months in the hospital ...but then watched his fight back - not a fast process, but he did...and my mom's strength to help him. You and Adam are clearly both so strong and I am praying for healing for Adam and continued strength (including emotional!) for both of you.
Allison my name is Marty Harris, I am Brad Harris's mom. Wanted to let you know that our family is awed by Adams progress and pray for continued strength, healing, and relief from pain. Looking forward to more progress updates.
Praying for peaceful sleep and great rest for both of you. So grateful for your updates and how we can pray specifically. We're on it...Love & Peace to you both.