Mom and Dad spent the afternoon celebrating at Bold Rock (Major jealously from me, Bold Rock is one of my favorite places!) after a great follow-up visit to UVA. Dad has been doing really well at home and recover has been going very well, but naturally, everyone was a little nervous about his appointment today. Here is a quick summary of Dad's visit:
- His chest x-ray looked great and he will go back on September 25th for a CT scan and to see Dr. Martin again
- He will go back every three months for scans and will be able to get his port out in a year
- Dr. Martin said that there was no way to determine if his cancer really was Stage 3, but now it is a moot point because it is gone :)
- Dad took the stairs instead of the elevator today and she said that she thought he was her first patient to ever do that after his type of surgery
- Dad can go back to work on August 8th and he start riding his lawnmower again (I think he gave a cheer out loud for that one)
- The only restrictions that she gave him was that if something hurts, don't do it
So needless to say, we are so happy with the results that Dad got today. So many answered prayers!!! Thank you for continuing to support and love our family! We love each and every one of you.