Posted 2016-06-05T07:23:01Z

Journey to the Heavens

It is with great sadness that I share the news of the passing of my soulmate and best friend.

On June 3, 2016, at 5:15 a.m., my dear Dan passed away in his sleep.

Without any fear, he knew it was time to leave this world and move on to the beauty of the heavens and join his maker.

He will continue to exist and live on in the memories and hearts of those who knew him and loved him.

A visitation will be held at Wright and Salmon funeral home on Sunday, June 5, from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Followed by a rosary prayer.

Funeral mass will take place on Monday, June   6, 2016 at 10:30 a.m. with a visitation one hour prior to the mass. It will be held at St. Thomas Church in Peoria.

Our family thanks you all for your kind words and gestures through this very difficult time.

Mary Burggraff

I'm so sorry for your loss and heartache. You are all in my prayers...

Molly Jennison

We love you, Roxanne, and share in your grief at Dan's passing. He was a special man to so many people, but he loved you best of all those in the world. His love lives on in you, and the boys, and the many friends whose lives he was a part of. God bless, Dan-o, and happy journeys onward. You will be greatly missed here on earth.

Steven Svymbersky

My heartfelt condolences to your family, Roxanne, to Conor and Cole, Dan's mother,brother and sister. He was well-loved, a good friend to me and I will miss him. Sending you love and strength.

Mary K. Sierra

There is a peace in endings, as they lead to beginnings. The beginning of healing and insights, as how we want to be remembered, and, how we want to live. As I read Dan's obituary, I thought: Now, this is a man, who lived each moment of his life with passion and devotion to his spirit. No paled out version of living for Dan. It was full steam ahead...but not with ambition...his was moving forward with the talents and compassion he was given. It was such a gift to speak with Dan's mother, and, heart breaking, also. I could not and would not step into her shoes. An amazing woman, who nurtured her children, as she said: " All different and all good.". It was a true blessing to see Ann, Leigh, Emily and Anna. I had not seen Ann since we graduated from the Academy of Our Lady in 1973. I came to the visitation for Dan and his family, especially, Roxi and Ann. I have not had to say good-bye to a sibling, yet. I can only hope that I am as grace-full and unselfish in my presence. God bless all. The world is not the same, however, Dan has left his mark. And, that my friend, is his gift to us. Much love.

Terry

My thoughts and prayers are with you Roxy. I'm so sorry I could not be with you during this sad time. Love you