Posted 2019-04-18T04:59:17Z

Prognosis not so good

Dawn went in to get her chemo administered yesterday and was told by the nurse that the doc wanted to meet with her.  Dawn was under the impression that she wasn't going to see the doctor and she expressed this to the nurse, but the nurse said that the doctor needed to see her.   The doctor went over Dawn's blood labs with her and let her know that her liver enzyme levels, which up until now have been pretty much perfect, have become elevated.  There was one in particular that the doctor was concerned about and stated that there were two possibilities behind the elevation;  either she had an infection, or one of her ducts were being blocked by a tumor.  The doctor prescribed antibiotics for now, but will be keeping an eye on that particular level to see if the numbers change or not.  Dawn also let the doctor know that she has set a goal to make it to my birthday in September.  Dawn said that the doctor said that September is a good month for a birthday, but the look was more like, "we will try to get ya there".

Soooooo, not exactly exciting news.  I asked Dawn last night how she was doing, and I asked her to be brutally honest.  She told me that she felt rather numb, and honestly, I feel the same.  There is almost a surrealness to this.  Dawn and I find ourselves having conversations that we thought we wouldn't have to have for another 20 or 30 years.  Dawn has been talking to our pastor and hospice to make sure things are in order and that in the case I have some issues, those issues will be taken care of.  It just all seems to soon and so unfair.

One of my more regular prayers is that God would help me to have a Christian walk that would speak so much louder than my talk.  And I believe that prayer has been answered.  I find myself now asking God why this has to be the path that shows others our faith.  This is a horrible path that we find ourselves traveling down.  But Dawn and I know that God is still, and always has been, and always will be in control.  He continues to carry us through this, and we continue to lean on Him and draw upon His strength.  As tough as this is, we are at peace and we continue to press on.

Thank you for continuing to lift us up in prayer.  It appears that our immediate future isn't so bright, but we know that God could still change that.  Much love to all.

Adella

Yes God has this. God has used you both in my life. Drawing closer to God has certainly helped me with the death of our daughter. Dawn is in a win win situation. Yes it will be especially tough if she leaves us and especially you. Love you both. Adella

Larry Grzesiowski

🙏🙏🙏🙏

Amber Daffern

You both are amazing. I know you don't know me but I had the pleasure to work with Dawn at hospice and fell in love with her right away. Thank you for always keeping us updated. Prayer to you and Dawn.

Michele

Stay strong Dawn and Mark! God will continue to bless you both. Keep fighting the fight! Continual prayer's to you both!❤️

Nicole Pacini

I thought of you two so strongly yesterday and I was going to message you, then decided to hold off. Now I know why. You guys, I am so sorry for this latest hiccup. I’m praying for you both 💜

Fiona Ripple

Dawn, I think of you often and hoping for gentle seas in the days ahead.

nicha flick

My heart is with you both as you fight this battle. I so appreciate your updates for us to be specific in our prayers as we lift you daily. I love you both and God is holding you tightly in his loving arms for peace and comfort.❤❤❤

Karen Kampschror

My heart is heavy after reading this...and God definitely has you tightly in his loving arms. Continue to be strong and we will continue our prayers!

Scott Wollam

Oh Dawn and Mark...it hurts my heart for you to read this latest news. I know the numbness, surrealness and the most difficult conversations you never expected to have to have at this point in your lives. God has given you the strength to this point and God will continue to lift you up as you continue through this journey. Know, as you continue and have more conversations, that God will give you "....a Peace that passes understanding." My prayers are with both of you.

Robert Cassels

As you know, you are loved by so many and people are praying for you. We will continue to ask for healing, strength, and comfort. In the midst of this storm, the Lord will stand by your side. We will do out best to walk with you and be an encouragement. We have so many things that remind us to pray for you. Always remember that.

Laura Deppen

Dawn and Mark, I will continue to pray for you both to find peace and comfort through this battle.

Lori weaver

My heart hurts reading this..Prayjng for you both! Love you Dawn! (Twin) 💞

Dominicana

I am inspired by your journey and your faith. It is all with a purpose. Thank you! #AngelsInTheOutfield

Vicky Hemmah

😇continued positive thoughts and prayers are with you. Love and hugs

Lisa Starr

I love you both so much! I am continuing to pray God’s Word which is ALWAYS complete healing. Jesus already gave Himself up for you to be healed. I call those “Dry Bones” to Come Alive in the Mighty Name of Jesus! ❤️🙏🤗🤗🤗

Mary Jo

Oh Dawn I can’t tell you how much this saddens me!! I’m praying for you and that God has a different plan!! Stay strong sweet girl! Love ya, MaryJo ❣️

Sandee Ross

Hugs and prayers!!! This journey is so hard to understand and travel. We are praying for miracles! Love you!

Amy Campos

You are so very much in my prayers my friends! God is faithful even in the darkest night. He uses the challenges and devastations we face to prove His love is for us and He never leaves us. But I know I don’t have to tell you that. Live and love at 100% none of us is promised tomorrow. Love you so much!

Tamara Broadbent

I have known Dawn for many years... we went to school together and worked together. I hope and pray for the strength and healing for you love! You have always been an amazing soul, we stand beside you and I hope you know we all love you! ❤️

Kristi

So many prayers so much love hugs and encouragement I’m sending you and your family 🙏🤗❤️

Michele

God will carry you both through this. Stay as strong as possible. Listen to what God is telling you. Love and prayers Dawn and Mark!

Robert Cassels

Always praying for you guys. God loves you more than you will ever know and He lays you on the heart of so many people. I hurt for you. In the midst of everything, you are a tremendous blessing.

Cindy Novak

Dawn & Mark thank you for sharing your faith through this deepest of valleys. It is truly a testament that God is with us in the Valleys & on the highest of mountains. I continue to pray for you both 🙏 God will continue to blanket you with his blessed peace.

7 months ago · Reply
Post comment comments require approval.