Posted 2019-06-09T17:06:51Z

The cancer is progressing...

I do appologize.  I didn't realize it has been so long since I last made an entry.  A lot has been going on over the past month, despite my lack of posting.  Again, I am sorry.

Unfortunately, Dawn's condition is declining.  Over the course of the past year in a half, Dawn has put up one hell of a fight, and her doctor has done a great job at trying to keep the cancer at bay, but, alas, the cancer finally has the upper hand and is doing its thing.  Dawn's energy levels are waning.  Depending on the rigorousness of the activity, Dawn has about 2 hours of good energy on any given day.  She is also in a constant state of pain.  And not just one source of pain.  The different chemo treatments that Dawn has been on have done a number on her insides.  She has gastritis and colitis.  One affects the lower esophogus region, the other her intestinal tract.  I believe it is the gastritis that she has equated with a cramping sensation (super uncomfortable) that she has likened to that of menstral cramps.  On top of that she has been dealing with an enlarged liver, and more recently, due to the liver functions being compromised and the spleen trying to compensate, a pain in the spleen region.  In talking with the doctor yesterday, she let us know that she will be putting in an order for pallative care through a local hospice (actually, where Dawn used to work) to help with pain management.  She initially mentioned to Dawn that she wanted to put her on hospice to which Dawn let her know that she wasn't ready for that yet, but was ok with pallative care.  Dawn is also having to constantly monitor her body temp.  She is frequently running a fever (which the doc says is due to the tumor activity) and we are needing to keep an eye on that to make sure that it doesn't get too high (over 101.0).

We continue to pray for healing for Dawn, but it is becoming appartent that that may not be the path that God has Dawn on.  The truth of the matter is that we are not meant to be on this earth forever.  Our days are numbered and, as crass as this may sound, we have an expiration date.  Unfortuanatly, I believe Dawn's is coming up a lot faster than we would have liked for it to come.  We do still covet your prayers and thank each and every one of you for the encouraging words and your continued prayers through this.

Much love to all!!!

Nikki Dion-Vandelac

I am so sorry. Dawn has been fighting a heck of a fight. I will continue to keep both of you in my prayers.

Angie Garcia

So sorry to hear this news, you are both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that Dawn can find comfort with the palliative care and not have so much pain.💔

Andrea Uzarowski

Continued prayers for you guys! Please tell Dawn that I think of her daily and pray for her wellness.

Vicky Hemmah

Precious Dawn. Your love for others is returning to you with our arms stretched and surrounding you with love and continued prayers. Thank you for your updates.

Cindy Novak

I am beyond saddened to hear this news. However I know that our God knows the plans he has for us & although we cannot see the end of the story, Dawn’s life, courage & faith is inspiring so many others. I continue to cover you both in prayer in addition to your loved ones who are going through this journey with you. My heart is with you as are my prayers❤️

Nicole Pacini

Dawn and Mark. I’m sorry to see this most recent update. Having been through this journey myself and knowing how painful this disease is, I can offer words of hope and encouragement based on our same journey. Lean into God and onto your faith. The beauty of our Christian faith is that we don’t have to fear our “expiration date” here on earth because we know the promise of Heaven is in store for us. I know Michael is there waiting for all of us, the consummate greeter, greeting each of our loved ones as God decides their time now needs to be spent there. Our loved ones who have gone before us are preparing our eternal home for us and are in a state of love and joy. Once we cross over and get to be with the Lord, we won’t feel the pain, the disappointment, the sadness, the grief. Joy is what we all will be eternally feeling. Dawn, I’m praying for the miracle of God’s healing hand on you, we know he is the Great Physician and the ultimate healer. I pray for comfort and pain control and for love and joy in your heart. Mark, I pray for comfort for you during a stressful time. You are having to manage a lot and I understand that human anxiety and internal strife, despite our own prayer. We are human, it’s ok to feel these feelings, let us all pray for you and take on the burden of praying without ceasing and praying for a hedge of protection around your two during this time. Love to you both 💜🙏🏼

Scott Wollam

Mark and Dawn my heart is saddened and heavy for both of you at this news. It was almost exactly 9 years ago that I was sharing this same news with family and friends regarding my wife Marti and her valiant battle with melanoma. My prayer is that God will give you both a peace that passes understanding as you go through this next step in your journey. God gave Marti and me that peace and I wish the same for the two of you. Stay strong in your faith, i know you will, and be strong for each other. You both are in my prayers daily.

Robert Cassels

We will continue to pray and express our love. Still, nothing is impossible with God. God's blessing on you guys and know that we love you

Larry Grzesiowski

I know this was hard for you Mark and we appreciate your honesty. We love you guys and will keep you in our prayers.🙏🙏🙏

Adella

Hugs and prayers to you both. You both have been an inspiration to my life. May our Heavenly Father’s love peace and comfort be upon you both.

Elizabeth Vidad

There is not one day that goes by that we do not pray for you two. Recently, both you have been on my mind so much. Deep down inside, the hardest place to speak of as honestly as you have, Mark, we also knew what appeared to be God's perfect healing for your precious Dawn. Such a beautiful picture of your anniversary dinner! We could see in your eyes the marvelous love you have for each other! A deep love forged together through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Hold on tight to each other, our dear friends, as God holds on to you both. David and I love you both so much!

Jeanine

God's path will show itself in his time. We are blessed either way! To see her shining face one more day or have her watching over us. Continued prayer for healing and comfort! Love you.

Michael Childs

I wish that there were anything to say or do, but I know in my heart that God is in controll and He has a plan for each of us. I hope that this comes out right. I pray that through this whole ordeal, that the faith and strength in God that the two of you have will touch at least one person's heart, bringing them to a full understanding of God and His Son, and to Salvation. Praying for comfort.

Fiona Ripple

You, Mark, Robbie and family in my thoughts always... Fiona

Karen Kampschror

Oh, my sweet Dawn... My heart is aching for you. You have been such a fighter and an inspiration to us all!! God is in control, even though painful at times. We will continue to pray for you and for Mark... Love you so much... Karen

Lisa Neuenschwander

We love you guys... you are both very brave. Praying for you both! The lighthouse you gave me for my birthday sits in the guest bedroom and reminds me to pray when I see it. I know we're not in your inner circle but if you ever need anything don't hesitate to call or text. May God bless you both with His perfect peace that surpasses all understanding.

Michele

I think we all wish the pain of the cancer wasn't there, and you could be pain free. God does have a plan for each of us, and Dawn, he will be there with open arms to comfort and welcome you to his loving home. Prayers and love to you both. Mark you are Dawn's true love and rock! Love and God Bless you both.

Marcia Oliva

Dawn you have been truly inspirational during your fight. You are such a Godly woman and have inspired so many others to choose God’s path. Rest easy now my sweet friend. I love you.

Pam Rains

I still believe in the power of prayer! I’m praying daily that God will give you both the strength to go through this together. Love you both!

Tiffany Noecker

Part of me doesn't want to give up in believing for your healing. I'm at a loss for words. Love to you both, Mark & Dawn, thank you for taking us on this stupid cancer journey. Dawn, thank you for your legacy and for being a part of my fond memories of growing up in Havasu. Love forever <3

Janice Sanderfer

Dawn and Mark What a journey this is and has been Your faith and grace are a testament of Jesus Christ and the holy spirit that lives in you. I continue to pray for your comfort and healing. I love you and know when the journey ends you will walk into the arms of our Lord and Savior While I am saddened I am comforted by you and your faith and the love within you Love you Janice

5 months ago · Reply
Post comment comments require approval.