The Power of Prayer

Thank you to everyone for your prayers for mom.   As I watch mom sleep peacefully, I know the power of prayer – your prayer – is keeping her comfortable, pain-free, and peaceful.   While we prayed so hard for the physical healing of her body, I have no doubt that God answered us by healing her spirit and placing his hand on her to make her journey home as painless and as peaceful as possible. Thank you for your prayers.

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1 John 5:14

Mom is resting comfortably listening to many of her favorite CD’s including hymns, Christmas music, Hawaiian music and dad’s sermons. Steve arrived earlier this week and we are constantly by mom’s side and working with the caretaker aides and the hospice staff to make her as comfortable as possible. She sleeps most of the time, but does acknowledge our presence and answers us with a faint voice or the nod of her head.

Pray that mom will continue to be at peace.

Cynthia Kinoshita

Dear Laura and Steve, The Bible tells us to "pray without ceasing." Keep speaking to her even if she is sleeping most of the time, because, she CAN hear your voices. I pray for God's peace to be upon Mom as you and Steve continue to watch and pray over her. May you know the Lord's presence as He sustains and carries both of you through this time. "Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints,,," Psalm 116:15. Blessings....Love in Christ!

Joy turner

Continuing in prayer...what a friend we have in Jesus

Beverly Paulhamus

Dearest Laura and Steve, As your Mom awaits for her soul to return to her Lord, it is such a moment of great awe for all of you. Know that as Cynthia Knoshita mentioned we all are "praying without ceasing". His word promises in Isaiah 41:10 "I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand". What a source of strength for you all as you walk through this valley of the shadow of death. Psalms 23. My love and prayers in Christ Jesus!

Sandy Welch

So glad Grace is peaceful. What a wonderful lady. Peace and comfort to you and Steve.

Barbara Fessenden

Weeping will endure thru the night but praise the Lord JOY comes in the morning. Psalms 30:5b Count me among the many who are weeping and praying, along with you and looking forward to that Glorious Morning when we will all be together. With much love, Barb Fessenden

Linda Rush

Continuing to pray. We need thee every hour Modt gracious Lord.

Bill & Jeanine Walker

Our hearts are so very heavy, but our spirits rejoice with you all, knowing that Grace's heart is probably now expressing these lyrics: "And e'en when the death dew lies cold on my brow, If ever I loved Thee, My Jesus, 'tis now" so aware that this leads to "Mansions of Glory and Endless Delight, I'll ever adore Thee in Heaven so bright!"

Iris Imamura

Thank you Laura for the updates. I am also so glad to learn that mom is resting comfortably. God is blessing her, indeed, with yours and Steve's presence by her side. The Holy Spirit is lifting up many prayers to our Heavenly Father on behalf of your precious family.

LaRue Booher

Laura, we just 'thank you, too', as others have said. In fact, every word every one has written says how we feel, too. This is as though a 'revival' is going on... wonderful scripture & wonderful quotes of great songs. The picture you have painted there with Steve, Mom & kind caregivers & yourself, Laura... it sounds perfectly special for Grace & each of you to soak in such love with the Lord holding your hands, right there, all the way. May God bless your sweet Mama & may He bless you & Steve & every one there. From Leaning on the Everlasting Arms to Nearer My God to Thee to Go Rest High on That Mountain....caring & praying for Grace this night & each one of you there. May God bless, with love.

Becky Katano

Dear Laura, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Steve. Wish I had the words to take away some of the pain, but please just know that you are not alone in your journey.

vicki duffett

Please know that I send prayers for your mother's graceful passing, surrounded, as she is with so much of her family's loving devotion and the music that gives her pleasure. And I join your other friends in sending support for you as you continuously care for her with all your heart. Peace.

Penny Wakimura

continued sending of prayers and thoughts for you, your brother and your mom. What a true blessing you have been to her and she has been to us.

Greg Uyehara

Our prayers are with you both, and for your mom. She was there for our mom and she always had such a giving heart.

Mildred Guillermo-Trovao

Prayers continue in this chain, Laura. This is from one of my favorite hymns and I'm sure you know it too, I hope this gives you some comfort: "I am the Bread of life He who comes to me shall not hunger He who believes in me shall not thirst No one can come to me Unless the father beckons And I will raise you up On the last day."

Yukiko Onoe

Steve and Laura, your parents led me to rebirth of my faith at MBC and I praise the Lord for their lives of faithful servants of God on this earth. Now they are together with the Lord, yet I miss them! Thank you Grace for teaching me and training me to be a better servant of the Lord!