Well Done Good and Faithful Servant

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful servant. Psalms 116:15

Mom passed away peacefully this morning around 9 am with both of us at her side. While our hearts are heavy, we know mom is rejoicing in heaven in the presence of the Lord with Dad and many loved ones who have gone before. Thank you all for your love, support and prayers over the last year, but most of all thank you for adding your special touch to mom’s life.

Much Love,

Steve & Laura

Joy turner

The power of one life who impacted so many...it hank you our friend...you will be greatly missed

Pauline Guillermo-Togawa

Dearest Laura and Steve--There are no words. Just love and an abundance of blessings to you. Our hearts are with you. God speed to Grace -- she is so clearly at peace. A life well-spent.

Mimi Castaldi

Take care of yourselves this week. My hear is with you and your family.

Linda Rush

Good and faithful servant definitely describes Grace. Amazing Grace has left a lasting impact on all who knew her. I know Dub was standing at the Eastern Gate to usher her into the presence of our Lord. Thank you Steve and Laura, friends and caregivers for taking such good care of her. We send our love Bob, Linda and Laura

Erin Kiyuna Haynes

Laura--I am grateful that you and Steve were with your Mom....praying for God's continuing grace, strength, and provision at this sad time....please know we are here and we are thinking of you and sending our love...

Rosie Abriam

Dearest Laura and Steve ~ Sending you, your family and extended community all our love. Your mom's life and days facing her illness were full of laughter, cheer, wonderful crafts, love and faith. Mahalo nui loa ~ Rosie & Steve

Lynda Fulmer

Laura, you and Steve have honored your mother in her life as well as her death. We loved your mother (as everyone who knew her did) and we love you for the way you have taken care of her. What a celebration there must be in heaven today!

Mildred Guillermo-Trovao

Laura, God bless you and Steve. Your mom touched my life in little ways but I will remember her for her big heart, her goodies, her sharing and teaching us her crafts, her warmth and her smile. She is missed already, but there is peace in her passing as she is no longer in pain and is with your dad. My deepest condolences, Millie

Mildred & Jodi Tanimoto

Your posts helped to keep us informed so we could be more specific in our prayers which continue for you. Thank you for sharing. I'm sure my sister & brother-in-law (Lori & Rod Halm) offer their condolences as well. Jodi

Iris Imamura

I will never forget your mom. She will always be the person I look up to - "What Would Grace Do". In the years since your dad left, she led her own ministry. It was Grace's ministry instead of Dub and Grace's. I think your dad was proud of her. I will pray for you both. Take care and God bless.

Lisa Lim Schmitz

What a beautiful sight it must have been for your Mom to see your Dad and other Ohana in Heaven. And, Oh, the joy to be in the awesome presence of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ - and know it is for ETERNITY!! All the Angels rejoice as another amazing Soul enters through those Pearly Gates! GOD IS GOOD! And, your Mom is blessed! You and Steve have served and honored your Mom well. I can't imagine she's doing anything but smiling down at you with a grateful heart. Continued prayers for you both during this difficult time and in the days ahead. Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!! "Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you" - James 4:8

sharan/john sadowski

God bless and be with all of you. She was a very special woman, as you and the rest of us know so well.

Dr. Donna Bowman

Praying for your family.

Danette Kong

Before reading your post, I was singing "Amazing Grace" to a dying Oncology patient in the hospital. This person had just recently been readmitted, and I had not been with the person for probably three months. I had not sung ithe hymn to any other patient for several weeks, but remembered that this was the particular patient's favorite hymn. As I sang, I thought of your dear mother, and prayed for God's grace upon her. When I returned to my office, I found your posting. I like to think that singing that song today was a farewell to your mother, truly one of the loveliest spirits I've had the privilege of knowing. Much aloha to you and your family

Yukiko Onoe

Steve and Laura, your parents led me of my rebirth of faith at MBC. I praise the Lored for their lives on this earth and good to know that Dub and Grace are now together with Jesus. Yet, I miss them! Grace, thank you for teaching and training me to be a better servant of the Lord! May God's love and strength be with both of you!

Penny Horn

Heartfelt prayers to the both of you, Laura and Steve, for the powerful, peaceful presence of the Lord. Such a sweet and giving lady.

Naomi Oshiro

My deepest condolences to the both of you (Laura/Steve). Grace is truly amazing! She will be missed for her kindness/gentleness and heart for missions. Jamie Price also sends her deepest condolences.

Susan Dezzani

Love you Laura & Steve...thinking of Auntie Grace with lots of love

Bev little

Precious woman who impacted so many by her walk of faith.

Vicky Pung/Eric Kim

Laura and Steve, Our condolescences to you and your family for your loss! Grandma Grace was a tropper and such a pleasure to have made her acquaintance! We will all miss her and glad that she is now at peace and not in any pain.

Lynn Ogasawara Garcia

Thank you for your beautiful status updates. She will truly be missed. She was an inspirational and irreplaceable woman!