Posted 2019-08-25T00:07:22Z

My heart is full!

Another month with Horn...as I'm learning to refer to my brother :)    We continue to be blessed with visitors, prayers, words of encouragement and even a special night of music with our favorite Blue Footed Booby musicians!  Today was another great day - 3 visits, all filled with love and hugs.  I don't think Mike said a word.  If he did it was just with whispers, yet I see him taking it all in and feeling the LOVE!   August 11 has came and went...never imagined back in May that Mike would be celebrating his 49th birthday with family and friends. Yet a joyful occasion it was...sitting under palm trees and our feet in the sand...not quite Key West...but it worked!   Just another gift from God to see friends and family gathering around Horn.

Mike is eating less, no more smiles, losing weight...yet keeping on keeping on. I don't hear "boo" when changing his shirt anymore and I'm not told, "that was a fake laugh" when I chuckle about something said.  Yet the tears in his eyes when we have night time devotions and hearing his "Amen" reminds me that Mike's spirit is with us...and his faith is strong!

This is a summer that will go down in history...never to be forgotten...cherished forever!  Our Heavenly Father has His arms around Mike, allowing family and friends one more day, one more day...before he is called home to his new home. Someday soon - no more tumor, no more paralysis, and I know his smile will return as Mike's Heavenly Father welcomes him home.

Thank you for continuing to pray for comfort, no pain and no headaches for Mike!

Love to all,  Vonda

Barb

That was so touching and beautifully written. I pray for Horn daily. I am blessed to have worked with him and played a quick 2 on 2 hoop game against him. Thank you and bless you,

3 months ago · Reply
    Greg Vander Horn

Love you cuz !

3 months ago · Reply
    Ardyce F Bandstra

What a beautiful tribute to your brother Vonda! May God continue to give you the strengh to "keep on keepin on"........Words of the song "He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater come to me now

3 months ago · Reply
    Kathleen Wray

So awesome you all are able to enjoy more time and memories made with Horn. Prayers continue for Mike and all his family and friends❤️

3 months ago · Reply
    Alicia Keur

Thank you for sharing these beautiful words. What a blessing you are to Mike!!! I continue to pray for you all!

3 months ago · Reply
    Marian Orange

So beautifully written, Vonda, showing the unconditional love so many have for Mike. Praying for peace as his journey to his Heavenly Home continues. At church this morning we were introduced to the song, “Though You Slay Me, Yet I will praise you Though you take from me I will bless Your name.... “ Powerful song written by Shane & Shane at the time of a great loss. Thought of your family as the song was sung by our minister’s wife. Prayers for all. 🙏💕🙏😊

3 months ago · Reply
    Greg Bright

Hey H!! It's G!! I think about you everyday and you have always been in my prayers. I miss you at work and having you stop by. Love you like a brother H!!

3 months ago · Reply