Posted 2019-07-12T12:08:49Z

Has it really been 5 years?

My cancer journey has been filled with milestones. Reaching them never means anything concrete, but doing so is usually associated with something positive. Last month (June 2019) marks 5 years since I finished my chemotherapy treatment. With non Hodgkin's lymphoma, the 2 year mark and the 5 year mark are significant indicators. I'll quote my oncologist and say that I'm not willing to "tempt the fates" by making any bold statements about it, but at this point any recurrence is highly unlikely (statistically speaking). I'm incredibly lucky to get to spend my summer days hiking, paddling and berry picking with my family. I'm also lucky to have all of you who helped support us through the crazy days. I hope never to have to return this particular favor for any of you, but please consider me one of your people.

Jessica

Heather Fischer

Jess, this is HUGE. Another milestone that allows you more relief! You are an amazing person and you will always be “my people”! Hugs and happy summer!!

5 months ago · Reply
    Kim Yousey-Hindes

5 years! You may not want to make any bold statements, but I will for you. This is a huge deal!! And I hope, in some way, that it helps silence any nagging suspicions. The statistics are firmly on your side and so are we. xoxoxoxo Kim

5 months ago · Reply
    Susan Clarke

Jessica, I are so glad that you have had 5 years of good news. I see you getting stronger and stronger all of the time, and love that you are enjoying life so much. Love you lots:) Sue

5 months ago · Reply
    Lindsay Jarvis

I am so glad to hear you are well, Jess! Our paths don't cross much these days, but I love seeing updates like this. Best to you and your family...sounds like you are enjoying a great VT Summer!

5 months ago · Reply
    Judy Bacon

Way to hammer them out, Jessica! This is great news, and we're so glad to hear it from you. You three have a lot of tomorrows to do, and we're out here hammering with you. Continued good health, strength and success to you, Jess. Judy and Bob

5 months ago · Reply
    Lisa Soule

I'm so happy for this wonderful news Jess! Seeing how you have dealt with your cancer , your positive attitude, never giving up, fighting to be strong again and beating this awful disease........you are a true inspiration for me as I deal with my own cancer journey. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm looking forward to seeing you, Levi and Campbell this weekend! Much love, Lisa

5 months ago · Reply
Post comment comments require approval.