Posted 2015-08-14T23:03:33Z

Tuesday, August 11th Update

Today was the day the new grandma was going to meet her grandson! The day she has been waiting for and fighting for is finally here.

My mom spent the morning sleeping and resting from her big move the day before.  Me, Beau and Aaron arrived around 1pm (people weren't kidding when they told me it takes forever to get out of the door with a newborn!).  My dad woke her up as we entered her room.  I brought Beau over to her bed and she instantly lit up, she finally got to meet her grandson!  She held him in her arms, she talked to him, she told him she loved him, she played with him, she loved him.  All throughout her journey she has always said, "I need to see my grand baby."  She fought and fought and it was such a powerful moment watching her as a grandma.  She already had a nickname for him, her "Gran Beau Beau."

She held him for about 30 minutes and then it was time for lunch.  She asked me about the birth, how Beau was doing after his first few nights and we just chatted.  Around 2:30pm Beau was drifting off to sleep and I said, "Momma, I need to shut my eyes for awhile."  And she said she wanted to too.

The rest of the day my mom continued to sleep without waking.

She had worked so hard for this day and she was tired from her fight.

xoxo,

Stefanie

Jenny Vinzant

Precious, sweet memories of Grandma meeting her Gran Beau Beau. 💙

Deirdre O'Malley

Thanks, Stefanie. Your journal entries and picture have allowed us to share in your family moments and be there with our beloved Kay. Deirdre

Amelia Frazier

Stephanie, Seeing these pictures of you, baby Beau and your mamma all together, sharing family moments of pure love. You are truly blessed. Our hearts and prayers are with you. Thank you. Amy and Jacque

Cathy Yocum

Thank you for sharing Stefanie! I am so thankful to see you three together! Prayers and comfort for you and your family. Your Mom as you know is one of a kind.

Marlene sparrow

What a journey this has been for all of you! You can be so proud of the loving care you and your dad gave your mom. I am so glad she got to meet and hold your sweet Beau. I am sure it meant the world to her. Thanks for keeping us updated. I am among the many that will truly miss her...my. heart is very sad. I pray you and your dad will find comfort in your many happy memories of your brave and beautiful mom.. God bless, Marlene

Diane Reilly

Oh how wonderful for you Steff that Mom got to cuddle with Beau, I could tell that she was deeply blessed to share a good moment with him...I know how she looked forward into seeing the new baby...God bless my wonderful girlfriend who would do anything for anybody at any time. She will be deeply missed by all of us. God bless you, Aaron, Beau and your wonderful Dad..Love Di Di

Eva M Maule

What a beautiful, happy and yet a very sad story. I'm not surprized that she had the strenght, and the spirit to hang on to meet her beloved grandson. She left with a new title: a Proud Grandmother. Thank you for sharing that Staphanie.