Posted 2017-01-12T17:51:14Z

Blueberry smoothies and cashmere beanies

Who doesn't love a nice care package? Especially when it is delivered in person by none other than your mom!!  Not knowing what my side effects from the first chemo treatment would be, she came down to take care of me yesterday (and just happened to bring some goodies too).  Fortunately, I wasn't feeling too bad other than a little nausea.  She made us spinach salads for lunch (she is absolutely positively adamant that I eat nothing but healthy cancer fighting foods😄.....no sugar😭😭😭) and then we got to just relax & chat the whole afternoon.

Around dinner time, the fatigue set in as Andie was proudly showing me, page by page, her entire completed Simple Solutions book (that may have had something to do with it😉).  Next thing I knew, I woke up an hour or two later to the sound of Sofia the First on the TV.  I had taken a nice little nap, unaware of homework, showers, Andie watching TV, or anything else going on around me.  As my eyes opened, I hear "Mommy, will you play a game with me", and so I did....two rounds of Sequence☺

After a "not so great" night of sleep due to a headache and toothaches, (I knew that my immune boosting Neulasta shot could cause bone pain, but I guess I got tooth pain instead??),  I awoke this morning to realize that Noah had gotten himself up (this is in itself friends is a giant miracle) AND gotten his baby sister up as well.  They were totally self sufficient while I rested (for those of you who see Andie today, please don't think I fixed her hair😂).  My sweet Alia gets herself up and out the door everyday with no help from mom.....but that is what 16 year olds should be doing😉

Lastly, I owe an immeasurable amount of gratitude to my husband, Brian. He has been by my side since the day of diagnosis.....at every doctor appointment (and there have been too many to count), and here at home taking care of EVERYONE and EVERYTHING (still not quite sure how he was able to persuade Noah to get himself up this morning).  So if you happen to see him, please give him a big "pat on the back" because he is most definitely doing a wonderful job making sure I am well cared for💑

Christy Faber

That's great. It's nice when sons step up and help when needed. Colten even babysits for me sometimes. Glad Brian can be there for you and your mom is the best. Take care.

Julie Carpenter

Kids can be awesome when they want to be! 😄 You are surrounded by a family who clearly adores you, and you have an army of supporters out here in Facebook land who are praying for you. Thanks for the updates. Your humor will help you! 😁

Chrissy Lynch

Love it! Nothing says we love you Mom, like letting you sleep when you need it most.

Stephanie Ballard

Love this and love you! And so happy you have so many wonderful people around who are taking good care of you! Sending you huge hugs and lots of love long distance :) xoxo, Steph

Linda Heidorn

when it gets tough, the tough gets going... guess you never know till it's put to the test.

Jayne

Laura Kay, so grateful you are sharing your journey with us. I know God is walking every step beside you. Your courage, grace & humor are heartening! Your mama is a special soul...that's for sure! 😙 Prayers for comfort & healing continue. All my love, all the time, to you, Brian & the kids ❤

Kara Harlan

I'm so glad that you have such wonderful people around you. You deserve it!

Missy Hayes

Very sweet. You have a great family Laura. ❤️

Louwana Powell

Way to go kids and thumbs up to Noah. That's amazing, considering you're the guy that hops in the shower 5 minutes before it's time for your ride to pick you up. I had no doubt that you kids would "step up" to help your Momma. ( She's going to be so spoiled, when this is over.) l've seen Brian in action & he's definitely a "keeper." Laura, loved our time together. Hang in there. Love you oddles, Mom.

Chris Bailey

Glad you have a great husband and self sufficient children. You are raising them right!! Take care. You got this👍🏼👍🏼

Jen Heidorn

That's great! Way to go Noah! Hopefully he does the same tomorrow and the following weeks. Love that even when you are completely exhausted you find the strength to 'play games'!! I may be a little biased when it comes to agreeing that Brian is great at making sure everything is covered/taken care of bc he always has been the rock..the eldest brother in the fam but also know you would and do go above and beyond for him and the kids! Love you all so much!!