A Note from Dad at MD Anderson

A quick update from Dad:

Lesa has completed the third day of conditioning chemo  this morning and slept pretty good, too.

One more chemo tomorrow and then she rests until May 8th, transplant day. They call that her rebirthday in the leukemia lingo.

She will have two more chemo treatments after the transplant to help keep the new stem cells from fighting her body’s cells.

She feels good. The stickers (in the photo above) on the door represent our daily walks and activities.

She will get stickers representing 15 walks over the next 30 or so days. 5 stickers is a mile of walking. The more stickers we get, the closer to getting out of here we are.

Maybe we will get a marathon’s worth of walks (26.2 miles) and we get out.

We will do a cumulative Beth race — in honor of our daughter-in-law — but probably not in 3 hoursand twenty two minutes like.

There will be days that one lap is a challenge, I am sure. But we live for challenges.

Love y’all!

-Scott

Betsy Horton

Thank you for the update. Making progress towards the rebirthday which is so good. Prayers and warm hugs. Love, Betsy

Robin Brooks

Hang in there Lesa! We love and miss you! ❤️🙏🏻

Pat McLerran

So excited for the whole FAMILY! Rebirth is just around the corner. 💜🙏🏼💜

Christie Schroeter

You go ,Girl. Strong is your middle name!! Prayers ongoing..... Love, Rick and Christie

Sandra Nees

Thanks so much for the update. So nice to know things are moving along and going well for all of you. Just know there are lots of prayers and good thoughts for you.

Tracey Smith

I was just wondering how things were going, so thank you for the update. Can't wait to hear the all-clear bell--I'm sure we'll hear all the way from Houston! You are in our thoughts and prayers and there is a lot of positive energy coming your way. Hugs!!

Rebecca Marshall

Hang in there! Each day is a new life...live it!

Diane Dill

Good to hear your news. Praying daily for Lesa.

Judy Day

Thanks for the update & looking forward to the future updates! Prayers for each step being one step closer to a full recovery!

Joanna Johnson

So good to have this update......Keep up the good work! Dear Lord thank you for instilling in your child, Lesa, the gift of life. Protect her as she travels this new life path. Give her stsrength and provide a hedge of protection! Amen!!!!

Jacque miller

This is such great news lesa, God is good. I know some of that journey you have been thru. Think of you daily and my prayers are with you . Thanks to your son for all the updates. Waiting for more good news❤️

Greg leach

Thanks Scott , Sis , you continue to hang in there , Judye and I love you and pray for you every day ! Bubba

Mary Jo Iagulli

Thank you for this update. We are looking forward to sharing in the good news to come. Love to you.

Shirley Tucker

Thanks for the update. You guys are incredible in spirit as well as physical stamina. Am anxious to hear how the transplant goes on Tuesday. Love, positive vibes and prayers are still coming your way. Oh yes, our "face time" on Thursday was a hoot. Got to do more of that.

Lynn Perilloux

Still praying for total remission and a return to "normal" living! You are awesome, Lesa! Keep up the good attitude! Blessings to the entire family!

Tara Iagulli

So close now to being reborn I love it. Here's to hoping this birth is less traumatic than coming out of a vaginal canal. (that one is for Scott) - we still have to have some inappropriate humor right? Looking forward to the new healthy Lesa coming soon.

Susan Wattinger

My Dear Lesa, I miss you dearly and pray for you every day and your family, too. You are in my heart always and I know you are going to be fine! You have a team of great doctors, nurses, and oh my goodness, your family and friends behind you all the way! Stay strong as you always are and look forward to seeing you soon! All My Love, Susan Lee...thanks over and over again for all your updates and information, explanations, etc. that your share with all of us! My heart goes out to you and your family as well! Scott...Lesa's rock, thank you for being there for her...you're the BEST! Sue and Don...you both have been in my prayers daily and thank you for all you both stand for! You being there and all the support, I know is making Lesa stronger...thank you from the bottom of my heart! Take care and love you all...wrapping each of you with big hugs with loads of love and many, many blessings, Susan