Posted 2018-07-25T05:38:26Z

News So Good It Sounds Like “Home”

Just a couple weeks ago the family got back from visiting Mom in Houston, sharing some nice moments and learning some terrific news.

Per usual, it couldn’t be a totally smooth visit. This time baby Rowan had been sick so we had to have limited time with Mom and no touching... that’s one of the downsides of Mom having the immune system of a 2 month old baby.

We could handle the restrictions though because we were flying high from the terrific news that MOM’S NEW BONE MARROW IS 100% ENGRAFTED and THEY CANNOT FIND ANY MUTATED MYELOID CELLS (the source of her MLA leukemia) in any of the tests they have run!!!

Such terrific and relieving news!!! It doesn’t mean that it’s the end of the road for recovery or a clean bill of health but it’s a HUGE piece to Mom being better!

Her appetite has taken a turn for the better and she’s been really into avocado/cheese tacos to fuel her daily 1 mile long walks.

After we left Texas and headed home to Tennessee, we learned even better news — MOM GETS TO SPEND TIME AT HOME!!!

If her blood tests continue to come back as well as they have been coming, Mom will get to spend time each week home in Austin before heading back to Houston for regular tests.

She cannot be released from MD Anderson’s Care until 100 days post-transplant, but the team there is feeling good enough about her progress to let her leave Houston for days at a time.

August 16 is day 100 — so fingers crossed about what happens next!!!!

PS — much has been said about Mom being a leukemic badass unicorn on this blog. Let’s never forget that Dad is on his own special level of badassery for all that he has done to carry Mom faithfully through every step of this process as her caretaker. I don’t think he appreciates being called a unicorn though.

Betsy Horton

Congratulations and such great news!! I was thinking about Lesa today and wondering how she was doing. Then tonight your update appears. Such great news to come home for short visit. So thrilled about your successful test. Continuing to pray for the whole family. Hugs and love

Joanna Johnson

Oh Scott.....I just love this new visual I have of you!!!!!! I’ve always wanted to know a unicorn! Although, in my opinion you are also a knight in shining armor! Huge congrats to all of you! It’s hard on you sons to see your parents go through something like this! Prayers work and they work all the time! God is so good! Lesa - I’m the lucky one to write up the prayer requests cards at church on August 12th! Yippee!!!!! That will be a day of celebration to write in my prayer requests! Thanks Lee for keeping us in the loop!

Marian Belson

This made my day!! Praise God; thank you Jesus ♥️ I think of her daily and love how you all are so faithful and loving involved every step of her journey! Love y’all!!!😁♥️😎💜

Robin Brooks

Wonderful news!! Thank you for the update. Can’t wait to see Lesa back in the neighborhood! Y’all are in our thoughts & prayers. ❤️🙏🏻

Tracy Curry

Great news!!!!! Can’t wait to see Lesa in Austin!!! Good job to the caregivers do ALOT behind the scenes to keep things rolling!!

Judy Day

This is such good news! I bet Lesa was clicking her heels as she said “there is no place like home”. Prayers for her to continue on her road of recovery.

Pat McLerran

This is the most wonderful news!!! I’m so happy for the entire family!!! Would like to be sure and thank Scott for being the perfect bad ass unicorn 🦄. You took care of our sweet Lesa. 💜🦄💜🦄💜🦄💜

Tracey Smith

Every day the pups and I walk by your house and we send up hope that Lesa and Scott will be home for good soon. There's been a big hole there! So happy to hear this fabulous news! Scott, you will always be a badass unicorn, now!! Hugs to all.

Retta McHan

What wonderful news...I can not imagine all you have been through and the long hospital run you have managed to endure. I give you 10000 percent credit for being so strong...love you girl

Olta Potts

I think you are right about being called a unicorn but kudos to him for his constant care.I will say a prayer of thank you Lord. Looking forward to hearing when she is back in Austin. and our rating team can come see her..

Susan Wattinger

Awww...what fabulous news Lee! I know all of this hasn't been easy, but each and every one of YOU are such strong unicorns and admired by all of us keeping up with Lesa's progress! I love the unicorn Wilson family and will be continuing to pray every day! Yeah to know August 16 is day100...looking forward to the day!! Scott, you are a bad ass unicorn...my hat goes off to you for all you have done more than you know! Lee, my hat goes off to you as well for keeping all of us updated and informed of your mom's progress along with your creative writing! (You really should think about writing a book!) My Dear Lesa, what remarkable news for a remarkable lady and friend!!! You have endured so much and staying so strong...what a true inspiration to all!!! Look forward seeing you soon when the time is right for YOU!!! (Sorry I missed your call, I just got back from the mountains in cool Montana...God's Country! Lots of prayers for YOU were shouted when I reached the top of many mountains!!!) Wrapping you with much love and many, many blessings! Heart YOU!!!

Diane Dill

The news gave me chills. God is good. Keep up the good work, Lesa.

Christie Schroeter

Thanking God for His wonderful healing! We need you and Scott back in the neighborhood, Lesa, to keep us all on track!! Love, hugs and lots of prayers, Christie

April Garner

The whole family is unicorn badassery! Yeah for Lesa getting to go home and feel a little normalcy. You all are so amazing and I am so thankful to hear this great news. Keep up the hard work like walking a mile every day, so awesome. Love to you Lesa.