Posted 2018-08-23T04:35:16Z

DAY 100: IN THE REARVIEW MIRROR

Day 100 has come and gone, and with it a thunderous proclamation delivered in soft tones with sincere smiles.

You can go home. Like home home. For a long time. Like a long time.

For day 100, Mom had one final bone marrow biopsy as part of the post-transplant process at MD Anderson and it came back PERFECTLY CLEAN with NO SIGNS of AML leukemia.

I don’t think that any of us have really come to terms with the news.  After almost an entire year of bated, anxious anticipation, we are breathing again and think about the future in new terms.

Those terms? Not just optimism and hope that the Lord would carry Mom and Dad through this process, but certainty that he has.

The chemo and the bone marrow transplant have worked!

Of course this is a hugely complex ongoing thing, so there are a lot of steps yet to come BUT we’ve come SO FAR.

Practically speaking, here’s Mom on what’s next:

Friends! My bone marrow biopsy was great. I have to continue see my local oncologist in Austin every other week and go back to MD Anderson in 6 weeks. I’ll go back to Houston about every two months for the next year.

I am currently taking a medication that keeps my immune system turned off, which protects against my donor cells and my own cells from getting too nasty with each other. I’ll be on this medication for about 3 more months, so I have to be very careful around people. ( no hugging — sorry 馃槥馃槥馃槥)

I am taking visitors, but you must be healthy and not be exposed to shingles/chicken pox. Likewise, in September it would be great for everyone to get the flu shot and pneumonia shot if your doctor recommends it. Immunized friends and family will help protect me since I can’t start getting immunizations until next year.

This is a long journey with many ups & downs. But we are feeling WAY UP right now. Thanks for all the support and prayers, I still need them.

Love ya! 鉂わ笍馃挏 Lesa

Joanna Johnson

So stoked and excited! Prayers answered and continued! Love to all of you!

Pat McLerran

So happy for Lesa, Scott and family!! Prayers have been answered. 💜🙏🏼💜

Lynn Perilloux

So blessed to hear your good news.......there IS a light at the end of the tunnel! You and your entire family have been a great source of support, courage and prayer. Keep up the good work.......God has carried you this far, He won't drop you now!

Jan Hoover

This is wonderful news! You have been such a champ all the way, and you still have a way to go, but God is with you. What a wonderful Blessing!!

Paula Crawley

Praise all the doctors and God for getting you through this. I鈥檓 so happy for you Lesa!

Carolyn Henry

Great news Lesa........continued prayers for you and your family!

Becky White

Fabulous news! Lots of love and continued prayers!

Robin Brooks

Wonderful news!! God is great!! 🙏🏻鉂わ笍💃🏼😘

Susan Wattinger

What a beautiful blessing my dear Lesa...love your great news! You have been so strong and persevered through so much...my hat goes off to YOU!!! Scott, once again thank you so much for being by her side the whole way through all of this...your the best!!! Lee, it took a very special person to do what you have been doing for your mother, family and friends...thank you so much for all of your updates! (I still think you should write a book...I would buy it!!!) Wrapping each and every one of you in the Leach and Wilson families with much love and many, many blessings!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Betsy Horton

Lisa! What great news!! God is good and thankful he wrapped his arms around you! I highly second your information on immunization and the flu shot. For our families who have loved ones with very little immune system it is so important. I look forward to seeing you soon. Hugs and love to Scott, your family and especially you!

Mary Jo Iagulli

Great news! We are thankful and continuing to hold you and your family in prayer. We will get shots before coming to Austin. Enjoy your days at home. Love and hugs to everyone.

Jacque miller

That has been quite a journey you have been on Lesa and so happy you are in a great place now. You look great!💞鉂わ笍

Olta Potts

good show,Lesa love ya and will get some shots so I can visit you Olta

Marian Belson

Praise God! I am so happy and what a journey you have all been on! I will be in touch. Love you sweet friend!

Medora Koenig

Soooooo happy to read this post!! Sending love and continued prayers. I look forward to hugging your neck when the time is right ; )

Shirley Tucker

What wonderful news. Thrilled is an understatement for our feelings. Welcome home and hope to see you soon. And the pic is the cutest of the cute.

Judy Day

So happy you keep getting & sharing all the good news. I鈥檒l send my hugs from a distance & keep you & your family in my prayers. Dorothy was so right, 鈥淭here鈥檚 no place like home鈥!

Wendy Malloch

A big virtual hug to you!! Such great news, I am sure this must have felt like a very long year, wish you many more healthy years ahead!

Susan Wattinger

Good Morning My Dear Lesa! Thinking of you and wanting to wrap you and your family with BIG, BIG HUGS with LOADS of LOVE and MANY, MANY BLESSINGS! Every new day is a great day...God is Good! With UT Football starting this Saturday against Maryland, I know all of your eyes will be on the TV and having your Horns up! Will miss seeing you in the stands , but know you will be watching and cheering them on to victory! You are so, so special to me and look forward to seeing you sometime soon! My heart, thoughts and prayers are continuing to you and for you! Love you, Susan