Posted 2016-08-26T01:13:13Z

Day 4-From Luke

Hi everyone it's Luke. It's still pretty hard to believe that I have cancer but here I am. I just wanted to write a post and thank everyone for the nice comments and posts and tell everyone how I am doing.

This morning I wasn't feeling great so I didn't have breakfast. I didn't have much of an appetite all day so I didn't eat much. I did have some tiramisu that a friend brought me for lunch. All day I felt a little nauseous but not really  terrible. I had a really good dinner that someone brought for me though, so that's good!

This afternoon Penny (my dog) was able to come and visit me so I that made me happy. I loved seeing her because I haven't seen her since Monday. I spend a lot of time with her so it was really nice seeing her today.

I love reading all of your comments. They really make me feel good and make me happy. All of them put me in a good mood even when I may not be feeling my best.

Thanks, Luke

Joseph Zimmermann

We love you man

Jackie Christiansen

I would miss my dog too! I'll send you a picture of Tillie!

Alex Cipolla

Yay! A Luke post! Keep 'em coming! (I do like your moms too though!) :) Sorry you haven't been feeling well, but it just makes those bites of tiramisu and other foods taste that much sweeter when you do have them! Your courage and positive attitude is inspiring to a lot of people. Keep on doing what you're doing! You're a rockstar.

Shirley Gebien

Hi Luke its Tommy Gebien. I hope you get better and can play volleyball with me again sometime.

Diane Christiansen

Oh Luke, I'm so glad that you got to spend time with your dog! I'm sure that your dog missed you too! Usually I send a lucky unicorn but tonight it's a lucky dog 🐶 !

Karen Knoll

Luke....you are so strong and brave and know you will feel better soon. I'm so glad you were able to see Penny! How did you sneak her in? I'm sure she misses you and was so happy to see you. i hope you will go home so she can be by your side. Love and Hugs to you and your wonderful family, Penny too!

Rosi Scott

Hi Luke. Please know that we are thinking of you. Stay strong! We are sorry that you are going through this. Love, The Scotts

Jeanne DeLasCasas

Luke, Keep up your great attitude. I am glad your dog got to visit. They make us feel much better. Hug your Mom for me. Jeanne

Laura Cushnie

Luke You are an inspirational and remarkable boy! How amazing to have Penny come visit you. I know she s a great companion and all us pet lovers know there's a special bond between us and our four legged friends ! Continue being strong Luke ! Mrs Cushnie

Jim Baumstark

Hi Luke. I don't think we've met, but I'm Maggie Baumstark's mom. I just happened to be driving past Lutheran General a few minutes ago and was thinking of you and said a quick prayer. And then I got home and saw your update. Please know how many people are thinking of you and praying for you. I can't wait to read your next update. -Bridget Baumstark

Kristen Allen

My Luke, my hero, it's good to hear from you. I'm glad you got to see Penny. My goal is to get up to see you soon with Grandma and Grandpa. I love you so very much.

Lana Gangware

Hi Luke It is so good to see you writing comments. It's a very good sign. Keep it up. I know you're a fighter. You can accomplish anything. Do you remember your last recital piece? How difficult and challenging the piece was. However, you were able to achieve the goal and play the piece. Treat your current fight the same way and you will be guaranteed success. I would like to visit you tomorrow. Please let me know if it's convenient and whether you'll be at home or in the hospital. I have a very special gift for you. Below I'm including some comments from the other students and their parents. Love Mrs. Gangware Skoulikaris family. So terrible! We will be praying for Luke and his whole family as they journey through this difficult part of their lives. Tryfonopoulos family. The  Luke is also in our prayers. Xoxo  The Volchek family is wishing you well.  We'll keep Luke and his family in our thoughts.  The Cardenas family also sending our Rosary prayers , offering up our pain for the suffer of Luke and his parents. Asking our beloved son , who is in heaven for help and miracle! God Bless.  The Keys family is sending all our prayers and positive thoughts to Luke. Be well! Aralis family  So sorry to hear...we will pray for Luke and his family and we send healing prayers for a speedy recovery. Brasch family  Oh wow. That is terrible!  We will think of Gregory in our prayers. Mathias family.  Keeping Luke in our prayers Nicholas family  Luke will be in our prayers.  St. Luke was a surgeon who helped many people.  May he guide the doctors and bring him quick healing.

Diane Stone

Luke, it was so great to see you today! For someone who wasn't feeling too well, you certainly put on a brave face and showed us how much fight you have in you. Your strength and courage are amazing! We are so happy that Penny was able to come up and spend some time with you!

Elizabeth Knoll

You're persevering through this tough roadblock and you're doing awesome. Hope you get well soon and maybe you can sneak the dog in lol!! Hopefully you get to go home soon! -Lizzie your cousin

Patricia Dales

Hi Luke! It's so great to have your update. I'm sure it was wonderful to have Penny by your side today. I bet she made others in the hospital smile, too! Keep staying strong! XOXO

Elizabeth Barbaro

Luke, The entire Barbaro Family is behind you and praying and sending healing thoughts your way. We are so impressed with how strong and courageous you are! So happy you got to see your sweet dog today. I'm sure she was as happy to see you as you were to see her. Big hugs!

Beatrice Yavenue

Hi Luke, boy what a great guy to let us know personally how your doing. It makes all of us feel better when you can eat. So ask for anything your heart desires. You have a huge big big team fighting this battle your in & it's a winning team. It was so nice to read what your school friends said. Keep smiling your famous smile & we will continue to pray you through.. In fact it's just 6am & first time I did was pray for you. 💗 Cuz B

Dolly Cipolla

How awesome to hear from you Luke! You're a very brave kid with an amazing attitude! It made me smile to hear about all your food cravings. We think about and pray for you every day. You must be pretty special to be allowed to see Penny! Stay strong kiddo.

Susan McClanahan

Hi Luke! The McClanahan's (Teddy's good friend Bryce's family) are wth you all the way!

Laura Hiestand Haber

Luke, Thank you for letting us all know how you are doing. So glad Penny got to visit! Cousins, Laura, Bob, Rita, Lewis

Tami Humphreys

Love from Texas, Luke! Tami, Zoë, and Davy Joy

Angella Gregory

Hi Luke - it's so good to hear from you. You are an amazing brave young man and such an inspiration to us all. Hang tough. We are thinking of you and praying for you, Mom, Dad, Teddy and Kate. Xoxox Aunt Angella

Jason Wang

Luke, We forgot tell you we adopted an American Eskimo dog early this year. His Name is Joe. He's a bit alert to everything, but overall very friendly. He is 2 years old. We wish we could let you know each other soon.

shirley hammersten

I'm glad you got to see your dog. I'm Eli and Ben's grandma. My daughter went to the lake and she misses her two cats and her rabbit Victoria when she's gone. We live in the same house, a duplex, so she likes me to go sit upstairs with the animals when they're gone somewhere. You have to sit on the floor and Victoria comes between your legs and you pet her head. Then she also likes to lick your legs and that tickles! I hope you can go home soon. Wish I was there I could cook you something you like. I always made things that Jack, Eli and Ben liked. Especially rice krispie bars. You are being very brave, I'm sure everyone told you that. Bye for now, Shirley Hammersten

Mike Lauesen

Hi Luke All the Lauesen's including our grandson Luke send their LOVE to you, Luke! Conor is home and his dog is named LOST. He said to say 'hi' and hope Lost can meet Penny soon. We hope you have a better day today. Love Barbara and Mike

Lisa Kennedy

I am so glad I got to talk to you and FaceTime! You are amazing, and there are lots of people here in California saying prayers for you. I love the picture of you and Penny that your mom posted on FB! You both looked so good. Hang in there and just think about one day at a time. I'm so glad you are home this weekend. We love you!