Posted 2016-02-12T15:19:43Z

HE set our feet on a rock!

"PIZZA!" It was Marian's immediate response when the doctor told her she could now eat anything, and what would she want the most? So pizza it was for lunch from our favorite spot.

The doctor's visit assured us that Marian's tiredness is the lingering result of the surgery, that the jaundice is greatly reduced, the edema is almost all gone and the surgical site is healing nicely. However, the reality is that the cancer was not removed and life is to be measured in months, not years, and cherished day by day. The sobering reality bore heavily upon us once again. We will be registering soon with Shell Point Hospice for all the helps they can give us going forward.

Later in the day we reflected on the Scripture we read early this morning:
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:1-3

So may your will be done, O Lord. And who knows, who really knows, what He will yet choose to do!

Dee Horne

Praise God for Pizza! We all need to learn to cherish every special moment! None are assured that we'll have enough time. We are so blessed by your testimony of Gods' faithfulness. HE is our ROCK and is on the throne NO MATTER our circumstances. We CAN trust HIM. Standing with you in prayer. Dee

Sara Fricke

Pizza makes almost everything better, so happy you could enjoy it. You are an inspiration for all of us and we love you both. We are praying without ceasing for the comfort that only Jesus can bring, and will continue to bring. Happy Valentine's day to you Davey Sweethearts.

Jim and Judy Mayer

We rejoice with you on any progress toward being more comfortable for the days the Lord still gives. You are regularly in our thoughts and prayers. May His peace fill your hearts as you rest in His sovereign will. Blessings and love, Jim and Judy

Nancy Murphy

Pizza, comfort food for the body, psalm 40: 2-3, comfort for the soul, my life verse. We continue to pray for you every day. There is no other Rock but our Lord.

Esther Fetherlin

Sending our deep love and respect for you along with our prayers dear Jim & Marian. May you know His peace that truly passes ALL understanding. "So do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I AM YOUR GOD. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." IS 41:10 We are trusting in his goodness with and for you. lovingly, Bob & Esther

Jan Biddulph

Yours are good, solid words as seasoned, faithful, deep people of faith. What would we do without the Lord? I have experienced a couple of times when I thought I would not continue on this earth. Grateful for that inner peace derived from "fixing our thoughts on Him" . Trust, in a trustworthy God....for whatever the outcome. Just know that we love you and have loved you for almost a lifetime, prompting us to pray each day and whenever the Lord brings you to mind throughout the days. Howard joins me....

Barbara Larson

Marian, I want you to know how thrilled our 11 year old Sierra is with her new American Girl dress from "Marian". I recently sent her the adorable suade American Indian dress you made. Her reply was to say that "God is always good even when I am sick so the lady Marian will see what good things God does for her." Thanks for bringing joy. Barb Larson

Charlotte Stemple

Hope you have checked your inter- mailbox. Love you guys and so glad for this good (for the most part) report. Char and Woody

Charles Raymond Bowen

Marian, you were already high on a pedestal in my mind but your choice of pizza lifted you even higher. Chuck Bowen

Kate Sullivan

Totally agree that pizza should be the first choice food! I hope it was as good as you wanted it to be. Don't you wonder how people without the gift of faith manage in stressful times? We are so fortunate to be able to lean on that faith and trust that God has a plan. Even if we can't see it, our faith allows us to trust. I hope you are doing the things you have wanted to do and have maybe delayed. You have blessed and enriched the lives of all you have met - a rare gift indeed. Kate

Miriam Armstrong

Marian...there's a SP SPOT picture of you on their website. It reminds me of how involved you've been in so many activities and the people whose lives you've touched. Thanks for being my friend and putting a song in my mouth..Ps 40:3

Mary Fountain

Okay, pizza for you, but as a California girl give me shrimp tacos instead! Some Tobasco, too, please! 😊 In the early morning hours several hymns come to mind with words like " Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus, I behold thee as Thou art, and thy love so pure, so changeless, Satisfies my heart; Satisfies its deepest longings, Meets, supplies its every need, compasseth me round with blessings: Thine is love indeed! Jesus, I am resting, resting, in the joy of what Thou art; I am finding out the greatness of Thy loving heart. Our daily love and prayers, Mary and David, too

Donna Duss

Dear friends, you are regularly on my heart and in my prayers. If you are up to receiving visitors, I would LOVE to see you when Serge, the girls and I are down later this week. We will call first, for sure. In the meantime - please, know how much you are loved.