Posted 2016-02-24T22:22:35Z

30 days of not exactly winning

It was four weeks ago today that Marian had surgery, and we received the devastating news that the pancreatic cancer could not be removed, and indeed, had spread to the adjacent liver. Lynn was with me as the surgeon explained, and I will never forget Lynn's comment, "Dad, this stinks!" Neither will I forget how Lynn held my hand as I wept out my frustration, disappointment and fear.

Four weeks have passed. Actually six weeks since learning this was pancreatic cancer. And this morning Marian got up; we did our Bible reading sitting side by side as always, and then had a good breakfast. Other than the loss of weight, Marian looks the same as ever - her smile still lights up the room (and my life). But immediately after breakfast she was back in bed until getting dressed in mid morning - and then back to bed. The sense of fatigue is so very powerful.

I know this is all in God's loving hand, and that He will not give difficulty without also giving Grace, so that we are not overwhelmed. But today I feel overmatched by the events that have come, and so I am trusting Jesus to bring my feelings into conformity with His reality.

Phil Skellie

Jim and Marian, We cry and cry out to God for you. The Lord Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the Father pray for you with groans and words beyond our understanding. Much love, Phil and Becky. P.S pray an imprecatory Psalm. He can take it.

Dee Horne

Trusting our father to give you peace. Thank you so much for seeing Jerry today. It meant so much to both of us. Continually praying for you both

Donna Duss

We hold you in our hearts and in our prayers. You continue to minister to us through your love for each other. God is being glorified. We pray with our whole being that you will know and feel his sustaining all powerful support and love during these difficult hours. We love you and stand ready if there is anything we can do beyond our prayers.

Mary Fountain

Almost every morning as I awaken the words of a hymn come to mind as my life is becoming more challenging day by day... How very special to reflect on "Oh, the deep deep love of Jesus, vast unmeasured, boundless free; rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me. Underneath me, all a-round me, is the current of Thy love; leading onward, leading homeward, to my glorious rest above." The rest of the words are such a comfort because we know His love! So many people love you and are constantly praying and that includes us! Mary and David Fountain

Dana Rose

Dear Mr& Mrs Davey, You are in our thoughts , prayers and hearts every day. May God bless you. Mrs. Davey, your smile is the best!!! Love, Dana, David, Justin and Christopher

Carolyn Castelli

Thank you for sharing your heart with us. God is being glorified, as Donna Duss commented. We might have told you, but we have your Christmas card sitting on the window sill above our kitchen sink and it's a beautiful reminder to keep you both and your larger family in our prayers. May the peace that passes understanding be yours this evening and always! Praying that Marian's own immune system (under His orders) will kick in and fight those cancer cells for as long as the GREAT Physician ordains! With love, Carolyn and Jay

Dotty Morrison

I so miss seeing lovely Marian sitting in front of me in choir. You both have enriched my entire family, beginning more than 20 years ago when you came here to pastor. I'd love to bring you a homemade roast beef dinner sometime. Just let me know :) Prayers and love, Dotty

Neal Clarke

My prayer tonight...Lord, lead Jim and Marian to yourself, the higher rock. For you have been their refuge and a strong tower against the enemy. Help them to take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

Kenneth Nesselroade

Dear Jim, Marian and Lynn, when you come to mind, usually multiple times daily, all my words seem bankrupt and dissolve into groans. Then I remember the the Spirit can interpret them to the Father and He knows what we can't express. Great love, KenN

Grace E. Nelson

Words aare so futile at a time like you two are experiencint so I send these words with my love and prayers; "And how blessed are those in whom You live, whose lives bceome those You travel; They wind through lonesome valleys, come upon brooks discover cool springs and pools birmming with rain! God-traveled, these roads curve up the mountain and at the last turn--Zion! God in full view." Psa. 84:6,7 MS Lovingly, Grace

Doloris B Biddulph

Marian and Jim -- You are continually in my heart and prayers! Your lives have and continue to touch mine with blessing. May you know the comfort being held close by your Shepherd -- you are HIS precious lambs! Doloris B

Kenneth Nesselroade

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. I say this benediction to myself endlessly so I pass them on to you. Great love, KenN