Posted 2016-03-02T17:54:47Z

the good medicine of family

Lynn and Steve arrived on Monday of this week and that brought great smiles to Marian's countenance. Not much change in the pattern of overwhelming fatigue, however. It drives her back to bed after each meal so that much of both day and night is spent in sleep. Every day we receive notes and cards of encouragement from friends far and near; love letters, really. We are hopeful that Marian can comprehend just how far-reaching her influence has been, and just how loved she is. Please continue praying for both Marian and Jim as they walk this road together.

Dee Horne

I'm so grateful for another update today as the deaconesses will be meeting this afternoon. We will, of course as always, be praying for you all. We would so love to be able to help in someway . We are ready if we can bring meals or do errands or anything else you could think of. We all send our love.

Eleanor J. Pease

"Peace, perfect peace, our future all unknown? Jesus we know, and He is on the throne." Edward Henry Bickersteth, 1825-1906 I came across this in reading Simpson's devotional "Days of Heaven Upon Earth" (February 28). It brought memories of singing this old hymn in my childhood. I posted these words in FaceBook--There have been many "Likes" in response. I trust that these simple words bring comfort to you and your family. Much love,

Sheron White

Thank you, thank you for the update. Went to sleep last night and woke up this morning with Jim and Marian's name on my lips and in my heart. Praying for her throughout the day. God's richest blessings of comfort, peace and ministry in ways we cannot begin to comprehend as you spend time together. Sheron White

Neal Clarke

How great to have Lynn and Steve here. That has to lift Marian's spirits. You are both a source of great joy to her. And we will continue to lift her and the whole family up before the Lord in prayer. "The Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."

Mary Fountain

Lynn and Steve.....thank you so much for coming!! What a blessing it is to know that you are there now! ☺️😍😃 Our love and daily prayers, Mary and David

Carol Tucker

I hope you received my previous comment because I can't do it again. I want to be strong and accept God's will for you both, but it takes a lot of faith and I'm not as strong as I had hoped. You both help by example and I shall continue to pray for your peace and acceptance of this burden. God blesses you and you continue to bless us all; to learn acceptance and have peace with it.............. Love and prayers,Carol and John Tucker

Kristina Unsworth Martinez

Dear Marian and Jim, I am watching huge, soft, downy snowflakes falling on our yard, and I marvel at God's creative beauty! I am also praying for Marian who is humanly and spiritually beautiful. You were such a blessing in our family's church in Vermont. My parents, Ray and Nomi Unsworth, thought the world of you. And through the years, you were wonderful to them, even through their end times at Shell Point. You have been a blessing to many people, in many parts of this country. May you especially now feel God's peace and presence, may His love envelope you sleeping and awake. Kristina Unsworth Martinez

Pamela Levy

Am just back in the country from a mission trip to Nicaragua, and am thankful to hear news of dear Marian. I so wish it was better news, but am so happy that Lynn and Steve are able to be there with you both. I continue to lift you up in prayer, to the One who holds our lives in His hands. May His inexplicable peace overwhelm you both, as you continue to trust and rest in Him. I love and appreciate you both so much, and am on this journey with you, all the way. Always Pam

Norma Wheeland

Like so many, many others, we too are praying for you Marian and Jim and your family. You have taught us so much and we love and appreciate you. Asking God to intervene.

Rick & Beulah Johnston

We love you, Marian and Jim, and pray for you - more than daily. It seems as though you are always in our thoughts. We're so glad that Lynn and Steve can be with you these days. Remember His compassions fail not; they are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness. Rick and Beulah