Posted 2016-03-14T14:14:50Z

where fear withers & strength grows, God is near

Certain Scriptures have shown up in quite a few of the hundreds of cards and notes that Marian has received. Perhaps most frequently has been Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Every phrase of that Scripture has been powerfully used on different days. Sometimes it's the encouragement to not give in to fear, other times it's the promise of strength (just enough for today, Lord!) and then just the mental picture of hundreds of hands raised in prayer. Thank you, God, for your Word. And thank you friends, for your prayers.

The medication change last week has led to a more animated and active Marian. There is still much fatigue, but appetite is a bit better and there is still no pain. Smiles fill the condo. Maybe this will be the week when we can venture outside.

Dee Horne

Thank you so much for your up dates. While in Europe, my thoughts so often go to you. Praying for peace and hope and wonderful quality time together!!

Philip Skellie

Carpe diem!His mercies are new EVERY morning. Thank God that Marian is more animated and has a better appetite. May God grant you a day walking in the sun. Much love, Phil and Becky.

Rick & Beulah Johnston

In my younger, more optimistic days, I fancied myself a writer of sorts. But as I've been reading the posts of others expressing my feelings and encouragements - and expressing them so much better than I could - I've gotten discouraged. So, I'm just saying a big Thank you to the Lord for every bit of good news we get. "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint" (Is 40.31). Start off with the walking part; the running and soaring can come later. Love you both, Beulah (and Rick)

Norma Wheeland

Thanks for the great updates. We are encouraged and are still praying for Marian especially, but also for each one of the family.

Neal Clarke

Thank the Lord for every encouragement. He is at work and His way is perfect to accomplish His will. We will praise Him with you.

Grayce Gore

God Is FAITHFULL !! i wIll continue to pray.

Carolyn Castelli

So glad to hear this...tell Marian I found the Little Susie books today that she read to me and the other girls in our Sunday School class when she was our teacher. I am forever grateful for her as my Sunday School teacher and an always lovely role model of a Christian woman. Praying you can all get outside more this week! Enjoy that beautiful island! Love, Carolyn (Cathey) Castelli

William Payne

Praise God! I am reminded of James Montgomery who was speaking at a missionary conference. He was planning to close with a hymn he had just written based on Psalm 72. The lights went out and people panicked! The chairman of the meeting called out , "There is still light within!" The hub-bub ceased and the speaker resumed his message. Thank God that in this time of crisis, when our hearts can be fearful, a faithful God calms our hearts , relieves our fears and whispers, "there is still light within!"

John Andrews

On this beautiful St Patrick's morning, I just wanted to let you know that you're all in our thoughts and prayers on this side of the Atlantic.

Mary Fountain

Happy Birthday, dear Jim Davey!!! This morning the reading for today in my Gateway app was Psalm 23 : 1-3 in TLB ...so perfect for you and all of us! 😄😊 Many blessings, Mary and David