Posted 2016-05-26T21:22:28Z

trusting in God who alone knows what comes next!

Marian and I have settled in easily to the hospice unit here at Shell Point. What a blessing it is to us both. Today Marian was moved to a room right across from the Nurse’s station so they can more easily monitor her movements and needs. The doctor, nurses and aides have been wonderful. Though her vital signs continue to be strong, Marian’s condition gives concern, especially the neurological indicators such as inability to feed herself, coupled with great fatigue that make it clear that she will not be returning to our apartment. Marian is not experiencing pain (because of the pain management of the hospice staff) and is likely not very aware of her condition. Thank you for partnering in prayer for us both over these five months. We have sensed your love, and God has answered your prayers. Don’t stop praying: the journey is not yet quite over, and there is still joy to be experienced! (It’s called heaven)

Philip Skellie

We have prayed you will both get a taste of heaven before Marian is welcomed there. Our prayers will not end with her "promotion to glory", as the Salvationists put it. You will be starting another journey, and we will be with you through that one as well. We love you. Phil and Becky

Grace E. Nelson

This morning I was in Ecc. 3. I stopped and thought about verse 22--'there is nothing better or a man than to enjoy his work...' and realized just how much I had/have enjoyed what the Lord has given me. Then I got this update and realized as I have read the many comments many of us have so enjoyed and been helped along our journeys by the work He has given to you both. I went to a x-reference in Hebrews 2:8b Yet at present we do not see everything subject to Him. v. 9 But we see Jesus..." As i completed by time the words of a song, I can't even find in any hymn book I have came to mind and rolled around: "In Thy footsteps plant my feet, As Thou dost will as thou dost will; And if thorns my path-way meet, Bid me be still, be still.". I am praying that Marian even under pain management and you Jim as you observe it all will have the 'deep sense of Him saying "Be still..." With prayer and comcern, Grace

Neal Clarke

With many others we too continue to pray. You both have honored the Lord through this time and our Lord will not fail to give you both the strength you need. We are all moving toward the Saints Everlasting Rest and that is beyond our comprehension.

Dana Rose

Prayers and Love

Debbie Vik

Thank you for sharing updates regularly. I continue to pray for you both as you go through this journey together. God provides all we need which we often are most aware of during difficult times like these. Love, Debbie

Jason & Elissa Drummond

Love & prayers from Indonesia, so appreciative of this update. May God provide above & beyond for each step of your journey together.

Dotty Morrison

The Hospice floor at SP is a place of great peace. God is there: In the love and care of the excellent staff, in the glorious views from the rooms and the lounge, in the new way He surrounds those grieving a present and future loss. It is in this time that He gives, in brand new ways, the "peace that passes understanding." Love and prayers, Dotty

David & Nancy Pavey

We continue to lift up both of you to our Lord. May He carry you through these tender hours and grant you His peace and comfort. To know that He is personally involved with you and that He cares deeply in all that is going on (Isa.42:3) is a true comfort. With our love and prayers, Nancy and Dave Pavey

Kate Sullivan

Prayers for serenity. 🙏

Norma Wheeland

We are continuing to pray for you all. We have so much love and respect for the way you both have chosen to live your lives. You've been a great influence on so many including us, and we are grateful. We know God hears the prayers of His people and cares so much about you!

Sheron White

Hello Jim. Thank you so much for the update and the invitation to continue in prayer with you on this journey. We will and we are. Blessings of continued peace and strength. Archie and Sheron

Mary Fountain

Dear Jim, We have grown to love both of you so much and praise God for your witness to Him as you face the departure of your dear wife to her heavenly home. His peace does pass all understanding and we pray that your heart will know a comfort that no other can give. Our daily trips to th elevator across from your door give constant reminders to pray without ceasing...... In His love and with ours, Mary and David

Doloris B Biddulph

Dear Jim -- Praying for you during these heart aching days. It is so hard to see those we love facing the "goodbyes" I do understand this path you are walking, and want you to know my prayers and love in Christ envelope you both. Doloris B

Elisabeth McAlister

Gordon and I speak of you and Marion regularly these days, the sweetness of both of your spirits, the encouragement and calm you brought to our lives while Gordon was at the National Office -- we are praying that these days be very present for you and with Christ; so glad you are in a place of excellent care.

Gordon McAlister

I recently sat through a chapel service at our local rest home next to someone who appeared to be totally unaware of what was happening around her, but when we started to recite the Lord's Prayer her lips silently moved in time with the words. "Thy word have I hid in me heart..." took on a new meaning. It's good to know Marian has a heart - and mind - full of treasures in word and song, no matter what the level of her awareness of things on the outside. Elisabeth and I continue to pray for you all.