Posted 2019-03-15T15:43:07Z

Again, MRI brings favorable news!

Dear family and friends,

On Monday this week I had another MRI, and the next day I met with my Neuro-Oncologist to hear her assessment. Good news! She said the images indicate that the tumor is unchanged again versus the last MRI. She reminded me that the 6 weeks of radiation last fall would give the indication of growth/change (called pseudo-progression, a known side effect of radiation) but after a couple months with no change she can conclude it isn’t actual growth. So that’s where I am, and I have to say it feels great to share this good news with you.

I will do another round of chemo next week and as miserable as that process is, I’m encouraged it seems to be doing what we want. My platelets unfortunately are down (again) and I will have them tested again at the beginning of next week. I have a history of them rebounding, so am hopeful that happens again. If not, I delay the start of the chemo by a couple days to give them the time it takes to bounce back.

John and I are now back in Maine (we drove up yesterday) and as I stare at the ocean on this gray, stormy day, I'm reminded of that word gratitude. Gratitude for my family and the continuous love and support they give me, gratitude for my beloved friends, gratitude that I live where I can stare at the immense ocean, and the list goes on...

Much love to all of you, and thank you for all your well-wishes and support.
Beth

P.S. Here's a photo of John and me not too long after we met in 2015. I like seeing pics of me with all my hair! Most of the front got zapped by the radiation last fall, and it has a way to go before it grows back in. I've become quite the queen of headbands lately.

Becca Hewson

I love you so much Bethy and think of you every day!!! You are a powerhouse and you are loved by so many people, don't ever forget that!!!

Nancy McKay

Wonderful news, indeed, Beth! I think of you often. I'm glad you're here. Even though the skies are gray today, they usher in such a feeling of serenity. I know you'll carry that with you. Thank you for the update.

Mary Kloppenberg

Clearly good news! Great picture. I love the guy taking a photo in the background. Makes me think of all the photos you and John have taken since then!

Margery Buckingham

That is a lovely picture, Beth. Prayers continue to be offered for you at General Seminary in New York. Enjoy the renewal of life as Spring spreads across New England. Margery Buckingham

Ana M. Schneider

GREAT NEWS, and you look as beautiful today as you did in your photo. Your beautiful Orchid is still blooming. Sending you and John hugs … love Ana

MELISSA Ludtke

Fantastic news. Lovely photo from your big hair days, but I can attest that no one looks better in a headband than you do. Enjoy the utter relaxation that a view of the ocean offers. See you soon. Hugs, Melissa

Cathy iberg

That’s great news Beth! You’re amazing!

Sally Brumley Keller

Beth, I am SO pleased to hear your positive news! I have been awaiting your report and hoping for the best for you. May Maine and your ocean views bring you restorative energy, and know that there are MANY of us cheering you on. Thanks for the photo. May you eventually be able to send us an updated one, smiling and with hair :) Hugs, Sally

Tanya McNay

Love everything about this, and most of us, love you!! xoxo

Gail Klapper

Such great news, Beth. I think of you often with much love. Gail

donna webster

We are grateful for you. Thank you for showing us your grace and fortitude. Cheering for you every step of the way. Much love and support 😘 💕

Becca Weiss

So much love coming your way from the Green Mountains of Vermont where the sap has been flowing, the birds are arriving back, the rivers are running high, and the mud is developing as the warmth returns. Enjoy your ocean beauty. Do you know the company Skida? They make wonderful headbands and hats in great designs! https://skida.com/. <3 Becca

Deborah Bedell

So delighted to hear your good news, Beth! Enjoy your time in Maine and gather strength (and platelets) before you return to the chemo fray. Eat lots of steak! You can throw a lobster tail in too! Thanks for taking time to update all of us who are thinking of you from far. Keep up the good health!

Joseph R Morris

It’s no mystery where Stu gets his drive from Beth. Amazing fight, thinking of you and the fam from Boston.

Marsha Gill

Beth, you are a friend I look up to. This is wonderful news. So happy. Btw, I love you in headbands. So cute. Love to you both, Marsha

Kathryn Porterfield

This is such wonderful news to hear, Beth! As we wait for signs of spring in the green shoots and flowers of spring bulbs, we long for no signs of similar growth in that ugly little nugget tucked away in your head. Hooray for headbands!!!! Love to you and your family.

C Crossley

Beth, You are the personification of a strong Wellesley woman. And I love love this picture. I am sooo glad that this news is good, and that you are embracing all that your beloved Maine can give you. Callie

Alan Goostray

Thanks for ur post Beth. Very good news that provides you, John, family and friends encouragement. The abundance of love and support surrounds you daily. Think spring. Those gray skies will give way to brighter days. Alan Goostray.

Luc Mertens

hi Beth, good to read that you achieved "to stop" the expansion of the problem. and happy to see that you are still in a good spirit to keep fighting and finally to win the battle. hugs LucM

Skip wilson

Hi Beth, So glad to hear the good News and I am very happy to hear how positive you are dealing with it!! I believe mind over matter , You are a strong Lady and so keep on the good positive thoughts and you got this !! Love Skip!!!

Kay White Drew

So glad things are headed in the right direction. You are an inspiration! Continuing to hold you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. All the best!

Helene Tuchman

So glad to hear your news. Happy you are enjoying life in Costa Rica, Boston and Maine. We plan to arrive the end of April and stay through October. Your observation about looking out at the ocean on a gray stormy day is so right. After a certain age, gratitude rises so clearly to our minds and is so welcoming. With all our love and caring. Helene and Murray

Maura McKnight

This is WONDERFUL news! Thank you for making haste to share it with all of us who hold you so dear. I’ll do a little pre-St. Patrick’s Day jig in your honor. 🍀💝💖🎉🌈💚

Jean Forbes

Mike and I think of you every day and send our good wishes to you both! Hope to see you soon. Jean

Gloria Towle

Your strength plus Family, Friends, Faith.... is a winning combination!!! So thrilled with this latest news. Hugs from your Northern Maine Fans...Stef & Glo!!!

Carol Kirchick

Bill and I are so glad to hear your wonderful news and wish you our very best.

Julie Kaufman

I'm so happy to hear this news, Beth. I know the worried feeling and the relief every time something comes back really favorable. Enjoy this period of relief!

Robin Farabaugh

So very glad for this good news. Wishing you continued success and all good things.

Barbara Wolfe Nagle

Beth, I’m so glad to hear this good news. I think of you often, and send all my best to you and your family.

Kate McNay Koch

Grateful for every day!!!

Rebecca Yturregui

Wonderful news Beth!!! Xoxoxoxo Becka

Betty Sudarsky

It’s a beautiful photo of you and John Betty and the wayI always think of you. Very good news from your docs and ok to wait a few days for chemo. I’m glad the ocean is doing it’s restorative part. I love thinking of you up in Maine, and tho I haven’t been to what Comfort reports is a gorgeous enclave, I remember Betsy’s place up there from long ago. Thinking of you always, with love, Betty

Betty Sudarsky

Supposed to say John and BETHY, of course.

Cheryl Ryder

Go Beth go, and thwart the interior demons! I am glad the chemical regimen is working so far and that you are fighting equally hard. Prayers for platelets! xoxo Cheryl

Colleen R. Powell

I am so happy to hear this fantastic news, Beth! Thank you for sharing this journey with us. I think of you and wonder how you are doing and it helps to have this way of checking in. I’m also glad that you are in Maine and are able to travel and spend time with family and friends. I would love to see you sometime when you are up for it and have time. Warmly, Colleen

Pam Wetherbee

Such good news, Beth! Enjoy your time with John in your precious Maine spot, and no one can rock a headband like you! xo, Pam

Rick & Debby Smith

Hugs for you & John and abottle of bubbly to celebrate when we next see you. Soon we hope

Janet Wood

Such wonderful news, Beth, and with gratitude as well! Wishing you another positive week ahead. Love, Janet and Ed

Peg Darasz Hadzima

Beth- So glad to hear the good news!!! And looking at the ocean even on a gloomy March day can be great if it is a place you love- and with someone you love. Here is wishing for more good news to come. Peg

Abigail Barr

Gratitude is powerful medicine. Thank you for dosing us with yours. Continued prayers.

Kathleen T Conklin

So glad that the news is good! You are on the right path, and Maine is probably so good for you! Great photo of you and John. Heading towards Charleston where I hope to see Deborah Bedell! Keep posting!! 🚗🙏🏼

Jane Condon

Alrighty then, as Ace Ventura would say! Such good news, Beth!

Paula A. Johnson

Dear Beth, I am thrilled to hear your outstanding news. I love the picture of you and John. I hope that the two of you have a chance to relax and enjoy beautiful Maine! Sending hope and strength. Love, Paula

Leslie Mattson

❤️ by the way Beth you rock the headbands!

Susan Goodwin

Keep the good news coming, Beth. We're all cheering you on.

Gail Jong

Staring at the great ocean a little further south with you and sending love and good thoughts!

Letien Nguyen

Hi Beth, You are in my prayers daily; such great news sure bring all of us so much joy and hope that you will Soon be good and healed. A good person with a kind heart as you do will have what it takes to overcome this challenge and come out triumphant🙏❤️ Tien

Frieda Garcia

Good news! I think of you often and send prayers, love and lots of hugs.

Joan Lapham

Great news that the MRI showed you’re holding steady. I think of you often, Beth. I remember your strength, beauty and fortitude on the Grand Canyon river trip. You continue to be an inspiration. Sending you much love and light. Xo Joan

Pam Evans

I am so happy about your good news Beth! Thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts and prayers! Pam

Ruth Glass

Thank you for sharing this good news -- though I realize it is mixed. Sending you continued love and best wishes and lots of strength. It was so good to see you in Wyoming over Christmas. xoxo

Diana Chapman Walsh

So happy, Beth, to log in and find this uplifting update and to read through all the sweet messages. I’m in the Atlanta airport, on my way back home to Menlo Park, and to Chris, who I know, without asking, joins me in sending you our admiration, our encouragement, and our love. Diana

Pamela Kinsey

Such great news! Your St. Paul's family will be so glad to hear of your latest results. Love, hugs and prayers to you both. Enjoy the promised spring!!

5 months ago · Reply
    Pamela Kinsey

Beth, this is such great news! Your St. Paul's family will be so glad to hear about this positive update. Love, hugs and prayers to you both. Enjoy the promised spring and your beautiful view! And yes....I totally agree with everyone. What a fabulous picture of you two!

5 months ago · Reply
Post comment comments require approval.