Posted 2015-08-06T14:48:00Z

Round 2 - Mid Morning Update - Share Your Memories

Perry was exhibiting some responses, but they were coming in a very rhythmic pattern which is cause for some concern regarding brain function post cardiac arrest (anoxic brain injury). Spirits were a bit somber after realizing that his initial hand squeezes were part of a rhythmic spasm and some panic set in for those here now and those in transit when they got a call late last night (Misty, Ryan, Kim, Nick, Tonya, Jim and Diane). We were all preparing for the worst and tears began to flow. Then, Misty went back to be with Perry and sent all in the waiting room a text saying, "Waiting to speak w Dr Akindipe - the nurse does not feel as though "the time has come" based upon her experience so to give more time & I will see what Dr. Akindipe has to say - positive thoughts". Spirits gained a little momentum again. Around 9:15, Dr. Akindipe addressed all present around Perry's bedside, and said he's not ready to throw in the towel yet!

He expressed that yesterday was a major setback having 2 operations and his liver function is decreasing (although liver shock is not rare given his last 24 hours), HOWEVER his transplant organs are still in good shape, and his kidneys are holding up for the moment, so the he is telling us to stay the course for now. We are going to take this thing day by day. He encouraged us to keep talking in his ear and making him know he is surrounded by familiar faces, so we thought this would be a great opportunity for you all to share some of your favorite Perry stories that we could tell him while he battles.

You are all giving us so much hope and strength from all angles. We can not thank you enough.

LET'S GO PERRY!

Mary Jo DiGiovanni

please tell Perry about the time I called the police while I babysat for his boys. Only to find out there was a raccoon in the garbage. Love all of you

Cheri Zielinski

Sundays at Noonie and Papas, family celebrations at Alcazar, Thanksgivings at your mom and dads house. My childhood was surrounded with cousins and you were always a very special one to me. I knew you had a fragile heart early and that doctors' heroics saved you - and that you were touched by God. You knew too and you lived your life with dignity, grace and kindness - every single day. Your wedding was such a celebration of life and love. Your love for your wife and your sons beam from you every time you talk about them and I am honored to have witnessed that. Nobody could ever doubt your strong foundation of God and family. And that's still an inspiration for me in my marriage and family life. I am honored to call you cousin. I love you and pray for you every single day. Cheri Jo

Dianne Cook

Oh God. What a night for all of you and Perry. With tears in my eyes, many memories of Perry are flying through my mind. Perry was one of my brother John's best friends growing up in Olympia Fields. I was the little sister pain in the neck but Perry was always the nicest to me of all of John's friends. Rick Glomb was the neighborhood stud but Perry had more finesse! No offense to Rick! He was a smooth talker if you will. Here is my favorite Perry memory and I hope it doesn't offend. I know if I talked about this face to face with him he would laugh out loud at the lines he used with me one night! He came over to see my brother and John wasn't home. I was a freshman in high school and Perry a senior. He asked me to come outside and talk to him. It was dark out and naturally I was flattered so I said sure. He was all smooth talk and compliments and I was LOVING it...just melting that cool Perry was giving me attention. All of a sudden, heat lighting lit up the dark sky and I'd never really called it anything. Smooth Perry said, that is called heat lighting...it happens when it's really hot in the summer. Just like it is now when I'm standing with you! (Yes, he said that!! Lol. I should have gaged but my 14 year old heart melted). And then he kissed me. I was a goner!! Ever since then, every time I see heat lightning, I think of my old neighbor and friend, Perry. Please God, help him through this. Love to him and all of you. Don't know if this is the kind of memory you were talking about...

Mary Prisco Rodriguez

I'm so thankful for the day before St. Joseph's and all of the St. Joseph meetings...because that's how I really got to know my cousin Perry and his amazing wife Misty!! So many memories of cooking and preparing for St. Joseph's Day!! I love how year after year we all look at each other in the kitchen and can never remember how much bisquick to use or how many eggs to crack or how are those artichoke's made??? But, Perry does it all and always knows how much of everything is needed!!! So, Perry, Misty, boys and family you keep fighting as our patron St. Joseph watches over all of you! We are keeping the prayers going and sending big hugs and kisses to all of you!

Monica DiGiovanni

Tell Perry the Donger needs him to get back to Chicago because this place is so confusing without him and the Donger wants to go out with him and wreck grandpa's automobile.

Monica DiGiovanni

Tell Ootz Pepe is at home standing next to the computer with two fingers on his cheeks and reading the whole bit about Ootz's awesome strength.

Monica DiGiovanni

Perry is a master at making cocktails. He made me pumpkin martinis one year for Thanksgiving. They were so good I had four before my turkey was done. Needless to say, getting the whole dinner together was a little tough. -Monica DiGiovanni

Sabrina Vincent

He's the best breakfast maker boys say egg mcmuffiner- I remember at my 6th bday party you surprised us and came to terre haute to showbiz pizza- I thought Perry was the most handsome man I had ever seen- Olive skin dark hair and such personality! He let me sit on his lap! From the very beginning of my memories the two of you were special! I remember staying in the summer at ur Chicago hts house watching 101 Dalmatians w Michael (he was little) I got to help feed him- we sang and danced to music while we fixed supper! Perry joined in the dancing and singing! Great memories! Being in your wedding- and let's not forget the embarrassment of perry folding my underwear while I stayed in the summer! Blue or purple! Can't remember but was so mortified! Funny now!!!! Love you! Sending many prayers- much love and know the Vincent cheering section is rallying around you all!😘

Mary Brewton

Good story of Perry's journey from ladies man to family man! I know you as a wonderful co-worker always ready to help fix a problem , run the Superbowl pool or talk about raising our boys...and always with a smile! The Arthur Andersen ride has been a crazy one, but you should be ready to enjoy the fruits of retirement so give it all you've got! Keep fighting and we will keep praying! Love, Mary

Brenda Witt

Hey Perry! We are pulling for you. No real stories but just letting you know that these "Witt's" are saying lots of prayers for you. Haven't seen you for quite a while but was a joy when we got together for different family functions. Prayers from Alann, Brenda, Tiffany & Andrea

Anne Lang

Perry - remember our happy hours in HR when Andersen was going away. Good Friends and good wine. I am praying for you!

Patty Glomb

Don't think I can beat the heat lighting story of Dianne, but the part about Rick did make me laugh so hard I feel off my chair! So, I will leave the story telling to Rick. All my prayers and love to all of you.

Nicolette Jacobsma

Thanksgiving Dinner at your Mom and Dads, always watching sound of music , playing Beatles songs and terrorizing the neighborhood!Dinners at Noonie and Papas those were always fun since we always seemed to get in trouble from hiding in the closets , sneeking over to Uncle Sam's, of coarse finding Uncle Nick's Playboy magazines ! No one would ever fess up to it! Sliding down that massive staircase! Boy we had fun. Gathering for the massive goat slaughtering in the basement , followed by a feast, hearing Papa laugh as he tried to make us eat the eyeballs , telling us they were grapes! You are blessed with a beautiful family and friends! We all love you and all your courage,faith, kindness ..hang in there Cougini!

Dianne Cook

Oh boy, I didn't mean to offend Rick Glomb! I loved Rick too...he just wasn't the smooth Italian Stallion that Perry was!! Lol!! Keep fighting Perry...as soon as you're up to it I'm going to be sharing the heat lightning story face to face with you! ❤️❤️

Greg McCullough

Perry, Remember paddling down Sugar Creek with our canoe just barely a float. Only thing to do was to finish off the 24 cs of Little Kings? Keep on paddling Perry. Greg

LINDA ALLEGRO

PAUL and I wish you strength and love....you have one of the most beautiful families that we know....Perry...please.hang in there....so many people love you and wish you the best ❤❤❤