Round 2 - Afternoon Update - Hanging in There

Dr. McCurry and Dr. Anandamurthy just came in and addressed everyone around 2:45 ET. Right now their main concerns are heart, lungs and brain. The donor's organs are holding up beautifully throughout this entire ordeal as his heart echo shows the heart is doing well (original he was going into atrial fibrillation for a few hours and that rectified itself) and his lungs are performing nicely. They have decreased his blood pressure medication and he continues to show signs of stability after a few hours of being very irregular. His brain CT scan results came back with no signs of stroke or any irregularities. The doctors said that the rhythmic movements we were seeing were actual of his own volition (voluntary) and they would like to see a bit more direct response to commands over the next 24-48 hours as he comes back from sedation, but it is good that he is moving. They are keeping him on a "bear hugger" which is keeping him warm so his body does not have to do all the work to maintain temperature and for the past few hours has had limited drainage from his chest tubes.

His kidneys continue to produce a very low output with a Lasix drip, so the plan is to start dialysis Continuous Veno-Venous Hemofiltration (CVVH) at the lowest level now which is a different type of dialysis designed to run continuously without draining him of many fluids and to keep a sustainable blood pressure. Depending on his response, they will up the levels to make sure he is handling things well. This is something Perry and Misty were aware of as a complication going into this procedure, so that did not blindside us. His liver is also still in liver shock which is expected with everything he has been through the past 24 hours and the doctors believe that will continue to get better over time as he is weaned off of more medications.

Spirits have been lifted from the somber mood from earlier this AM, but we know there is still a long road ahead. We are continuing to take this day by day and are grateful for all the staff here has done and support coming in from all avenues. Even in what seemed to be the darkest hour, Perry has shown us his tremendous will and strength yet again and he never ceases to leave us in complete awe.

Thank you.

LINDA ALLEGRO

Love to you all❤😘

Diane Kissinger

We are very grateful for all of the updates & to hear that the outlook is better than it was this morning. Prayers haven't stopped nor have positive thoughts. Love to all of you.

Lisa Lewis

Hang in there, Misty, Ryan, Michael, Kim and family! We all know that Perry is a fighter! BIG HUGE prayers being said by MANY! Love all of you! Stay the course! Be strong and fight too!

Kristen Ahern

Heavenly Father, thank you for being with the Perry and his Family. We ask you to continue to hold them close in your loving arms and to give them strength and guidance. Please continue to guide the physicians in charge and continue to protect Perry from any further complications from his transplant. Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers and for showering Perry and his Family with your love. Keep Calm and Carry On, Cousin Kristen

Denise Witt

Oh happy day! What answers to prayers! Perry continues to astound and amaze us. Thank you "Team Perry" for the detail and care you've taken to share & explain. So thankful you have family there to share. We can't wait to be by your side. We are praying & praising all the day long. Love you, Denise

Barbara DiGiovanni

Hi from Barbara DiGiovanni "aka" Slap Your Hand Blackjack!! Love you very much, and I'm praying for you!! xoxo

Jess DiGiovanni

Perry is officially a ninja!!! Super stealthy and ready to fight!!! Love you guys! So happy you are all there to be with him and be there for each other. Sending love to all of you and to the doctors and nurses for their amazing care and expertise. He's got this!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Richard Glomb

I have numerous stories. I guess I can start with the infamous glomb must have done it. I am not sure if we were sophomore or juniors in high school. Sam and Doreen were going to be going away for the weekend. Perry decided he was going to invite some people over that weekend. Well word traveled quickly. I was approached in school if I was aware of a party that was going to happen the coming weekend at Perry's house. Not being my house I said I had no idea. Well the weekend came and let's just say there were tons of people showing up from Rich Central, Marian, and Bloom. Things unfortunately got a little out of hand and the house got a little shall we say messed up. We did our best to clean up and Sam and Doreen came home. They noticed some things out of place and things that were missing. Now we all know or I knew in Doreen's eyes her boys could not have planned this. The comment came in must have been that glomb boy. to my astonishment as we are standing there, my dear close friend is nodding his head yes and Doreen is saying this. I am standing there not believing what I am hearing or seeing. That was the start of many many incidents of glomb glomb glomb did it. I love you both very much. Perry you are a fighter. You keep on fighting.

Dennis G. Barker

Perry is truly The Man Of Steel, now partnered with a Heros Organs. I stand in amazement of you as always!

Lisa Lewis

Thinking about you my friend Perry! And your incredible wife, Misty ... I continue to send prayers and talk to our Lord throughout the day ... I pray for him to wrap his arms around you, to keep you safe, help guide your physician's, nurses, other members of your healthcare team in continuing to provide the best care they can to you ... Love you Perry, love you Misty ... just want you to know YOU ALL are in my thoughts and constant prayers ....

Darlene

Misty and Perry and Family.We are Praying that Perrys set back with infection will be gone In The Name of Jesus.God is good.Will be posting and checking in on the steady prograss.We also are Pray for all the medical staff that are moving in great strength.Harvey ,Darlene,Kari and Nick and his siblings and most of all Noah always wanted to help with organ donation.