We are just trying to get our bearings, but in the overwhelming flow of support, it seems helpful to share a little ‘gist’ of our plan of attack.
- We have started at the start — confirming that this is the real deal and not a misdiagnosis
- We have a goal of trying to keep as ‘much normalcy’ around the other kids schedule as possible. Short term this is translating into a ‘3 parent approach (Ann/Bobbie/<one grandmother>) — currently Bobbie’s Mom is there. Ann’s mom later next week.
- We haven’t decided on what their approach to work is going to be going forward (Bobbie/Ann). That is something they are going to think about next week.
- This means kindergarden in the hospital for the next several months.
- The outpouring of support and ‘offers for help’ have been great so far — they are working on figuring out what they need, how to manage that and how to optimize/maximize the impact.
- This first phase timeline is through Christmas and that is a ‘long time.’