ONE MORE TO GO!

Well, good news, folks....

On Monday, April 9 I had my second-to-last Herceptin treatment and so my LAST treatment will be on April 30th. Yay!
When I saw my oncologist Dr Stella in March she was able to adjust some of the appointments and I will now be moved to an every three-month surveillance visit for two years. We discussed my side effects from the Herceptin (stomach issues and joint pain) and I still have neuropathy in my feet and that may be a condition I will live with or it may get better. We will wait and see.

On May 4th my surgeon Dr Melnick will remove the port in my chest. YAY!! It will be almost a year to the date this cancer journey started. It is hard to believe.

Steve recently informed me how much my Herceptin drug is....$16,000 for each IV. I have had one year of treatments every three weeks, so that would be approximately $250,000. That is JUST for that component of my treatment. That does not include the chemotherapy treatments, the Granix injections, the three surgeries, the the 20 radiation treatments and all the other tests, biopsies, blood work, consults, and the list goes on. Yes, we are so very fortunate to not have to worry about these bills. I haven't wanted to look at these costs as I have been in the mode of just keep moving forward and getting this treatment done, but I thought I would share for people unaware of the costs involved with health care.

On a lighter note, Steve and I got to spend a few days in Florida last week. We had a nice relaxing time at the beach and we got to visit family too. A big thank you to our neighbors and friends that stepped in and helped take care of June Bug while we were away.

We will update one more time after the last couple appointments. Almost done!

Emily Feldner

Great pics - especially the vacation photo! The cost is shocking to hear! Good lord. Way to stay positive and keep moving forward after an unforgettable year.

one year ago · Reply
    Lisa White

Crazy, those costs! You look rested and well. Your Florida trip definitely agreed with you. I love the new hair + style. You have set the bar high for grace and poise under unimaginative uncertainty and stress. Strength radiates from your being. Be well. Be well. Be well.

one year ago · Reply
    Lori Gibson

LOVE those smiles on the vacation photo - such a well-deserved break to enjoy one another and take in the sun and relaxation!!! Great news on the treatments and check in schedule. What a year it has been! I love Lisa's comment about how you have handled it all - couldn't say it any better than that! Big hugs to you both! Thank goodness for good insurance - it is STAGGERING to think about the cost of treatment and care!!!

one year ago · Reply
    Annamarie Wagner

So glad to hear the good news! You continue to be in my prayers!

one year ago · Reply
    Virginia (Ginny) Graff

Great news....treatments about to be over....Yeah.... So happy you and Steve were able to enjoy sunny Florida for a few days.. Looking forward to you being able to return to Supreme ...Great seeing you...You look wonderful..

one year ago · Reply
    Heather Obst

Great news as you continue to progress through all the stages with positive result and now light at the end of the tunnel coming soon. You Guys, look so rested after your visit to Florida, so pleased you could spend some "alone time" in a warm place. But you could visit Australia too, we are having a late summer, so its warm here too. Luv'in the new hair. Take Care

one year ago · Reply
    Diane Gabrielson

What wonderful news Rose!! So happy and thankful you are almost at the end. Many celebrations to come :) A much deserved vacation looks like it definitely agreed with you guys! Much love ❤️

one year ago · Reply
    Pamela Opsahl McAlister

So glad you are nearing the end of your treatments.And very happy you got a much needed and desrved time away to relax.Still keeping you in my prayers.You are a strong person to go thru all you have and kept such a great attitude..Love you cousin!

one year ago · Reply