Posted 2018-10-28T01:27:00Z

Rolling into the weekend

This rainy, blustery day makes a good excuse to be sitting around so much. All I need is a fire in the grate and a headless horseman to ride up the street through the shadows.

My parents headed home today, which was a sad goodbye for us all. They were the two strong and steady oaks holding the family this week, and we all loved having them here to soothe us, wipe away some tears, feed us up, and tuck us in. I am so grateful for the warm welcome they received from so many of you at school and in Lil Scotland: they felt "ok" leaving because they could see the strong and sturdy nest you all have built around me and my family so that we do not fall.

Already the Food Fairies have been tiptoeing to our door with tasty soups and chili, croissants and fougasse, a delightful salad, an edible bouquet and even some seasonal chocolate cookies! This evening our neighbors invited the boys over to hang out with some other neighbors and watch sports, which gave us a calm couple of hours to just be quiet together and watch a fun little film short called "Odd is an Egg." (It's on Amazon Prime - a funny little flick.)

The visiting nurse will be back tomorrow to check my drains, and then we'll see if at least one can be removed on Monday morning - fingers crossed, everyone!

Hope your weekends are filled with warmth and the beginning of the indoor season,

Sarah

Stephanie Smart

💜 Thanks for the update!

10 months ago · Reply
    Üstün Reinart

Reading this, I could see you in my mind’s eye, Sarah, in your loving, comforting neighborhood. So good that your parents could be there with you this week. Each day, now, you’ll be one step closer to healing. One-day-at-a-time. You must be asleep as I write this. It’s Sunday morning here. Wish you, Marc, Fionn and Theo a cozy, comfortable Sunday. With waves of love to all of you from the Aegean Coast. Üstün

10 months ago · Reply
    Geneva Cooper

Hi Sarah! How bout some alphabet soup for Tuesday? Love and Cheers..... Geneva

10 months ago · Reply
    andrea douglass

I'm so happy to read this update! I'm continuing to do ra ma da sa and sending you healing light.

10 months ago · Reply
    Natalia Bard

Dearest Sarah, I will miss seeing your Parents too, the strong and palpable connection to You every day of the past week. I have spoken with them just a little bit, wanting to respect their calm and space, but I will feel their deep loving eyes around. And yes, we are here now, watching over You and your boys. I have discovered something very funny (at least for me) on Prime Video last night too. ;) xoxoxo. S, rest up for the great things ahead! Yours, N.

10 months ago · Reply
    Kate Woll

Fingers are crossed. Thinking of you today. Much love and light to you!

10 months ago · Reply
    Joan Meadows

Dear Sarah. I hope you can feel the gentle hug I am sending you . Tomorrow I will be going to dinner and a movie with your Mom and Anthony like we have done so many times over the years but this year we will have you and your little family close on our minds and in our hearts. I know you will do well but I wish you didn’t have to go through this. Sending you my love Joan

10 months ago · Reply