Two week follow-up

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery follow-up appointment on Friday. The doctor said the incision is looking good, and I need to come back in a couple of weeks to have my stitches removed. He gave me this awesome x-ray of my new femur and knee! Good news is that the pathology report showed that they removed all of the cancer. Bad news is that only 60% of the tumor died from 4 cycles (20 weeks) of chemo and they had hoped for that number to be closer to 90%. I didn't get an explanation from my surgeon for what that means for my prognosis, so I hope to get more information from my oncologist when I see her in a few weeks. As far as I know right now, I have 8 more weeks of chemo left and that will start back in two weeks.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good post-surgery. I'm not in much pain, and if anything it's just discomfort. I'm waiting to find out when I will begin outpatient physical therapy. I do know that I won't be back to speed walking, or even regular walking without a walker/crutches for a while. I still can't bear weight on my right leg.

Thanks again for all your support, thoughts and prayers!

Love,

Stacie

Marian Eidson

Great update, Stacie - so glad to hear of your progress. Hang in there, and we are all thinking about you! Marian Eidson

10 months ago · Reply
    Ann Conklin

Thank you for the update....sorry you do have to go through another round of chemo but that will pass and you will be on your way to an easier recovery. Positive update and continuing those positive thoughts and prayers coming your way. Love you....Ann Conklin

10 months ago · Reply
    Mike Joyner

Stacie that's great. Miss you at second harvest. Still praying for you. Mike Joyner

10 months ago · Reply
    Steve Preston

I think that is a great update. You hang on there and just take it slowly and easy. Love you bunches an take care.

10 months ago · Reply
    Robin Griner

Stacie I know you wanted better news but at least you’re walking and hopefully each day will be better for you and your family. I pray for you to get better each day.

10 months ago · Reply
    Stephanie Godlove

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress!

10 months ago · Reply
    Nita Hill

Progress! Thanks for the update.

10 months ago · Reply
    Sara Penny

LOVE LOVE LOVE you .Your a fighter and a wonderful young lady , so many people are praying for you and cheering you on . We will beat this you can do it strongest Little Vera I have seen since her. Remember she is watching over you with all her love and faith . LOVE you Stacie Ann Taylor Denton.

10 months ago · Reply
    Maribeth Stahl

Glad to read this update, Stacie!! What are your greatest needs from any of us at this time?

10 months ago · Reply
      Stacie Denton

Hey! I would say meals (delivery or cooked). I just added more dates to the calendar now that I have my chemo schedule for the next two cycles. Thanks so much!!

10 months ago · Reply
    Vicki Sullivan

Stacie,,just read ur update on ur follow up appointment,,,so glad ur doing great,,,U and Ur family r still in my thoughts and prayers,,,I'll try my best to get U a meal over ,,,my arm is giving me alot of problems swelling and hurting,,,thanks for update. LOVE to U All 💜👪💜

10 months ago · Reply