Posted 2018-11-24T09:38:00Z

START HERE - Welcome to Stacy's PostHope Site

Hello my tribe of friends across the world.

I have tried to write this post so many different times yet words have seemed to always escape me. As many of you know watching the news that our area in Northern California/Chico/Paradise and many of the surrounding communities have been utterly devastated by the recent CAMP Fire, reported worst in CA history with 95% of Paradise city completely burned to the ground. Since Chico is only 8 miles from Paradise, many of us live in one place and commute to the other. This indescribable fire in Paradise has displaced approx 52,000 people with over 18,000 structures (>13,000 primary residences), 93 having been killed with over 200 still missing 😔. It has also destroyed a hospital, doctors offices and support services of any kind.

Three days before the devastating CAMP fire, my own world again turned upside down with a diagnosis of a very rare kids cancer; EWINGS SARCOMA (soft tissue) located in my L upper arm, prevalent in less than 1% of the children’s population of cancers and approximately only 0.46% in adults. Due to the rarity of this cancer, my local oncologist (in Paradise, CA) referred me to Stanford Hospital, 4 hours away from home, for final diagnosis and treatment, which looks like it could be up to a year!! 😝 The week of the fires preparing to be on Leave of Abscence (LOA) in addition to general case management of patients. After meeting with Stanford MD, I was informed that there has been no distant spread of the cancer!!  Although due to the highly aggressive nature of the diagnosis, treatment will likely be close to/potentially be about a year and involve — central IV access port-a-catheter/central line replacement, intensive in-patient chemotherapy at least 16 times (8 before and 8 after surgery), complex surgery, including quite a bit of physical therapy in between. Ironically, I was supposed to be at Feather River Hospital/in Paradise early in the morning when the CAMP Fire started for a PET scan but decided to reschedule closer to Chico. I cannot begin to imagine my life if I had not made that decision. I can already see God in the midst of this story.

In less than a week, God has already provided me with not only a home stay less than a mile from Stanford (God bless you Daryl!!), but also a specialist MD that is Persian and understands Dari (a oral language in Afghanistan that I speak!).  How crazy is that!!  I travel down to Stanford tomorrow/Monday for multiple tests and am being admitted Wednesday for 48 hrs of continuous chemotherapy.

This life, whether by a fire or cancer takes a tribe.  I think I may need you the next year ahead.  Thank you so very much in advance for your support.

Stacy

ps. You might see Holly (close friend from Afghanistan) or Lisa (my twin) updating this website ifIam not able!

Corrine Rojo

Stacy, I'm praying for u beautiful!

Stacy Graupmann

Thank you Corrine and for always sending an encouragement!

Katie Siebert

I will be praying! Our paths crossed so many years ago in K-town, and it has been a privilege to stay in contact via social media and continue to pray. May you continuously feel Christ holding you close through all that this next year entails, and May you emerge from this fire fully healed and strengthened. May God graciously continue to do more than we could even imagine to ask of Him in this situation. Thank you for sharing.

Alisa

Tribe has been activated....prayers are in motion and God is in control ♥️

Vivian “Miki” Hall

This is a great idea. I’ll be keeping up on this journey of yours. Prayers and love will be said and sent daily.

Linda Stenzel

Praying for you, Stacy! I know He will hold you through this journey and He will shine through you. ❤️

Juliet LaFleur

You are so loved. I will walk this path with you even though at distance.

Tracy Handy

What a privilege to be on this journey with you. I wish we could all take turns with the treatments. You do it on day 1, me on day 2, someone else on day 3, and so on. Wouldn’t that be amazing if it worked that way? I really wish I could take some of this pain away from you. I’m praying for you! Sending (((hugs)))!

Shelly blanshei

You will be in wonderful and loving hands in the Camarillo household. So happy that you will be there with Daryl and Jim. Love you dear Stacy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Maryann Harper

Stacy, I will be praying for you.❣️I declare complete healing over you in the name of Jesus!

Carolyn Watts

So sorry to hear this, Stacy! And so glad to hear of the ways you are already seeing God at work caring for you in the midst of this crazy time. Praying for you. . .

Jennifer Fish

Stacey, I am so sorry to hear this! All my love to you as you fight.

Sarah Starr Vincent

Dearest ❤️ Stacey, I will be reading and praying. There is so much Providence in what you have already written. Love you in bojazo (a Nica) Word for so much, Sarita

Marcia Houck

What a blessing to be with your “ people, that you have such a heart for” Well this is crap... hate this... I’m so mad now, I wanna punch something!!! I’ll get back to you when I feel more calm...Shitty, Shitty, Shitty💩💩💩

Rita Pretorius

Dear Stacey... I love you lots ... may this year fly by with healing in it's wings.

Michelle Rommelfanger

Prayers and love sent! My family is in the Bay (1/2 hour from Stanford) let me know if you need help!

Lori Schilling

I will be lifting you up in prayer Stacy! You are a warrior❤️

Michelle OConnor

Sending so much love from Chico. Thank you, Daryl for taking in our pink sister! Love to you both!

Catherine Skiin

Praying. Trusting. Believing. On your behalf. Praying you feel the multitude of prayers, strength and support over you. You are not alone. Love you Stacy.

Erin Bates

Praying for you and your precious family. Sending lots of love from Bakersfield.

Robin Swartz

Honored to support you in love and with prayers Stacy! May God continue to bless you and those you touch even in THIS journey my sister!

Carol Dyer

I am saddened to learn of this new challenge. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You got this! God is always on your side.

Corey Campbell

Thank you for sharing, Stacy! I pray you will be held close in the arms of the almighty father during this time, and that complete healing from the One who still works miracles to this very day will overwhelm all cancer cells. The Camp Fire has devastated our community, and it can be easy to forget others who are suffering bodily ailments during this time. So, thank you for sharing and God speed from one twin to another... Corey Campbell

Lynne Bratton Hefner

Dear Stacy, through your mom, I feel as if I have known you over a long period of time. My heart & prayers & mind will be with you as you continue through this journey. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Denise Miller

Like Lynne Hefner, I know you and your sister only through your mother, but her love, respect and enjoyment of you is so engaging that I can't help sharing it. I will pray for you and those who love you. My husband has survived a very rare bone cancer which had metastasized to and fully invaded both lungs, and has been cancer free for over 6 years now. He underwent surgery and seriously strong chemotherapy, but also has used alternative therapies. His oncologist considers him a miracle. So I believe there is always real hope, and hold that for you.

Krista Thomas

Dear Stacy, I wish you were playing in the waves instead of facing this experience. But I know that Jesus holds you in His arms and will be with you at all times. I pray for healing and peace on your journey. And selfishly I’d love to spend time with you. You are an amazing woman, so strong and powerful in your quietness. I am privileged to know you, I admire you so.

Carolyn Chew

((((Stacy)))) Keeping you in positive thoughts and close to my heart as you begin your treatment. 💗

Bonnie Reilly

Stacy, Thank you so much for posting this and letting us be apart of your journey. Even though we only met once when you were in Texas, I feel as though I know you and your family because of praying for you so many years ago and following you and your Sweet Mom (whom I have not met in person). I am praying for you and thank you again for sharing. Love, Bonnie

Laura Daillak

You’re in my thoughts. As Lissy’s doctor friend told her “ kick cancer’s butt”.

Jean Graupmann

Thinking of you (which I'm guessing that you know)..love ya!

Christine Richards

Stacy, I've known since you were five your a strong little girl, you can beat this. The Lord protected you over seas he will see you thru this. My love thoughts and prayers are with you. Chris Richards

Jan

Praying for you Stacy! Thank you for sharing - What a blessing to see how God is faithful to take care of you❣You love for and trust in Him is like a healing balm! You are going through so much and yet are such a blessing - you just ooze the love of God❣You were already a beautiful person when I met you - warm and friendly, finding and celebrating the good and joyous things in life - including or especially our Redeemer's love and care. Ever since then, in the midst of this life journey, you continue to become radiant with beauty - you are breath-takingly beautiful❣ - in every way❣ You inspire me! So very grateful for you dear sister! Love you, Stacy! (Hope this isn't a duplicate, I think I'm figuring out where to post a comment 🙃)

susan cesinger

You have been strong in my thoughts. I have always admired your strength in your faith. I on the other hand continue to question when someone's journey seems to be such a test as yours has been. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You are an amazing woman Stacy and have continued to grow into such a wonderful person over the years. Never wavering, always seeking out the best in each person you meet. Always giving of heart. You continue to be an example of what most of us aspire to be. Be well. Much love friend.