Posted 2018-12-11T20:16:00Z

Rainbow fun, chemo blues & bald is beautiful

Rainbow hair compliments Molly and Ella Just a lot of fun!This is Lisa, Stacy’s twin sister, and she asked that I post a short update on her recent happenings since the treatment is making her pretty tired.  We recently had a fun weekend visit with her and the girls were ecstatic to see Aunty!   It was a kid-centered weekend, and it was a joy-filled circus! :-D. Some of the girls highlights were visiting a wonderful park in Palo Alto (Magical Bridge playground) and coloring Aunty’s hair with hair chalk (and their own too ;).  They were rainbow heads by the end of the event!  Stacy and I enjoyed catching up over crepes or sushi in the evening and cappuccino next to the Christmas tree in the mornings.  We had a wonderful host, Betsy, who made the stay very comfortable for us in her beautiful home.

Since she is a few weeks out of her first “sandwich”, or cycle A, Stacy has started to feel pretty exhausted and is now experiencing pretty painful mouth sores as a result of the chemo doing it’s job.  It kills all fast-growing cells, like the cancer, but that also means other fast-growing cells are affected (lining of the mouth, stomach and intestines, and hair, to start with).  This makes eating pretty painful and difficult.  So it’s smoothies and mashed potatoes, and whatever else goes down easily.  Jamba Juice gifts cards are always welcome!  I asked her what would be helpful for people to send, and she reported gas cards, or Jamba Juice gift cards. I’ve had so many people ask what they can send, so I hope to keep up with ideas on this site.

We are hoping that the doctor will release Stacy to enjoy some long weekends back in Chico soon.  She has wonderful support and cozy friends in Palo Alto, but there is no place like home when you aren’t feeling well.  So prayers and good thoughts that she can get some time in Chico coming up, especially around the holidays!

Stacy just got her head shaved yesterday in preparation of losing it momentarily.  She did that during her first cancer battle in 2007, and marched back in this time to shave it off before it fell out.  She has a perfectly round head, so she’s always a beautiful bald woman!  It is sad, but it is a powerful reminder that the chemo is doing its job!

Laura Daillak

You’re an inspiration Stacy! Can I get an address?

Stacy Graupmann

Thank you Laura! Jim (&Daryl) listed their address I’m staying at below. Sweet hosts :)

Jim Camarillo

1921 Perry Avenue Menlo Park, CA 94025

Stacy Graupmann

Thanks Jim. 👍

Juliet LaFleur

My daughter rocked her bald head! And then had her scalp henna'd, which was beautiful- it's a thought! Love to dear Stacy and all of you wonderful people walking with her!

Stacy Graupmann

I’d love to henna my head this time!! Maybe when the kids come and can watch too. ❤️ Much love to you Juliet :).

Sarah Starr Vincent

Thank you for the update and reminders that the chemo is doing its job. Continuing to hold you, Stacy in my heart.

Nancy McLaughlin

Love you Stacy and know you will get through this one day at a time.

Allison Simcox

Stacy, I love seeing these joyful, smiling faces. Holding you in prayer!

Debbie Sinclair

You are an amazing woman of God.

Josette McMichael

Thanks so much for the update. Praying for BOTH of you. Having your identical twin go through this is extra tough, it has always seemed to me that there is nothing quite like the bond between 2 identical twins. So glad she has you and another set of little twins to help her through this and bring joy in the midst of suffering. Stacy-jan, love you! Gentle hugs. Much love, Josette

Jennifer Fish

Thinking of you Stacy! Praying for the chemo to work it’s miracle on you!

Mary Lou Smyth

Sending so much love and praying for you, Stacy, as well as Lisa and the girls, and your family. I have no clue as to God's purposes in all of this, but I am asking Him to pour out His grace and strength on you. I am also asking Him to pour out grace on those little girls, that He would use this powerfully in their lives and allow only good to come of it for them. Blessed Christmas!

Stacey Goetz

You’re such a beautiful light, my friend. I miss your sweet smiling face! 😊 I’m so sorry to hear you have to fight this battle again. If I can say one thing about you, it’s that you have amazing determination and strength. It’s a given that you’ll kick cancer’s ass once again sister! God’s got you, girl! 🥰