Posted 2016-01-19T20:57:09Z

so far, so good....

greetings, friends-I had hoped to do one update to provide information about surgery and pathology, but as the pathology results aren't in yet, will just let you know that my surgery on January 11 went very well.  I was in the hospital overnight, but have been home and quite comfortable since, having no pain to speak of.  My daughter Erin was here for the surgery and afterwards and Bob's daughter Sharon has been here and is still here, so I have plenty of help doing everything needed.  Plus some wonderful meals!   My post-op visit this afternoon went well also, and I don't have to return for a month.  I will be on one chemo drug for a year (Herceptin), another drug for 10 years and the pathology will determine what/if any other treatment is needed.  I will do another update when those pathology reports are in, which should be within the next day or 2.  til then, Sue

Bob Carter

Hi Sue, Glad to hear all went well with your surgery and you are feeling well. I will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers, that all continues to go well for you, and that you get a great news from the pathology report. Love always, Lisa, Bob, Brendan, and Caitlin

Jane Grohs

Oh, Boy! It all sounds great. I am looking forward to lunch this week. Arrived home this Monday. It might have been easier to walk home!! Love, Jane

Brita Light

Dear Sue - I am SO happy to hear that your recovery is going well. The projections sound well thought out and I've no doubt the path report will be a good one. You are amazing - an inspiration for all of us. Thank you for that! You and Bob are always in my thoughts. Love to all, Brita

Jill Goodwin

So happy to have an update and to hear you're feeling good. The waiting for news is the worst, isn't it??? Keeping good thoughts coming your way! Jill

Michael Dixon

Sounds great, Sue, post-op at the hospital and even better at home with family and tasty cuisine. May every day now bring you joy and wonder and a welcome sense of relief. Michael

Marilynn Dodge

Prayers will continue on until they declare you to be CANCER-FREE!!!!! ;-)

Andy Hartzell

Thanks for the report Sue. Glad to hear that things are going well. Positive thoughts and prayers continue to be sent your way.