Posted 2018-05-30T12:51:07Z

..... and think yet again!

Hi all,

Well the finish line is still a moving target.  I spent this last weekend in the hospital, yet again!  Last Friday my blood counts dropped to an unsafe level (primarily platelets) so they admitted me to Hopkins hospital this time.  My surgeon wanted me to have an IVC filter put in for the blood clots, so they quickly did that last Friday evening.  I have to say that did give me some comfort knowing that if any more blood clots decided to travel that they would be caught before reaching my lungs.  Blood clots aren’t something to mess with.  Saturday they did a scan of my brain and abdomen and all are clear.  Yeah!  That was the first scan done since before the surgery.  The rest of the weekend was spent trying to pump me up ... 2 blood transfusions, replacing electrolytes (magnesium, potassium), fluids, and monitoring my VERY low blood pressure.  They also took me off the blood thinners until my platelet counts are high enough to support going back on them.  I was discharged on Monday and am taking it easy and trying to get my strength back.  I told my oncologist that if I need to be hospitalized again to please send me to Bayview so I can submit my reviews to Trip Advisor!  Haha ... gotta keep laughing!

According to my surgeon, if my next scan (different type of scan) of my abdomen looks good, I can have the ileostomy reversal surgery in late June.  That will be a happy day!

Hoping to be back at work the end of this week after numerous doctors appointments and getting some stamina back.

Until the next update ...

...... love, Julie

Noelle Lumpkin

Julie geez whiz... you are the warrior... keep keeping on and onward to recovery. Keeping you in my thoughts!!! :)

one year ago · Reply
    kim janson

maybe slow down a bit and give your body a chance to catch up with your spirit, my warrior friend? i hate when people tell me to do that so you know if i am suggesting it - it might be true at some level. :) xo. here if you need anything.

one year ago · Reply
    Patricia Riley

It must be discouraging to have most of the fight behind you and still be facing all this. You are one tough lady! I know you will soon crest the mountain and be back to your exciting adventures and living life to the fullest! Hugs and love coming your way and prayers going up. ~p

one year ago · Reply
    Judy Payne

Give yourself time to get stronger Julie- work can wait. They aren’t going anywhere!

one year ago · Reply
    Ann H Jones

You are truly amazing. As always you handle the very worse with grace and humor. Please let me know anything I can do anytime!

one year ago · Reply
    Gail Abel

Great news and more great news to come, I am sure! HUGS all the way!

one year ago · Reply
    Laurel Booth Suarez

Happy for your good news Julie!!! Thinking of you, and prayers for you every day! Just realized that it has been about 54 years since our family moved across the street from yours! Love you 😘😘😘

one year ago · Reply
    Kristen Lutjen

Your amazing grace is a beauty to behold, Julie. Continuing to hold you in the light of healing and sending so much love and hugs your way!!!

one year ago · Reply
    Smither

Oh dear God Julie! The light is TRULY at the end of this damn dark and long tunnel!!! Hurray!!! You will be soooo fine in just a short time. I am truly sorry you had to endure this, but babe....it’s about over, and from here on out....IT’S ALL ABOUT LAUGHTER AND FUN! You are and will continue to be...my warrior, my friend, my heroine! I love you! Smither

one year ago · Reply