Posted 2023-03-29T11:35:31Z

Morning message from Mom

Today I have a story for those praying for Liza….

In 2008, Liza’s older sister (then almost 10) succumbed to the effects of her rare genetic disorder, mucopolysaccharidosis type 1 (MRS 1). A few days following her death, my good friend ,who often sees people who have died, told me that Edie had visited her. “You should’ve seen her. She looked like an Amazon warrior. She was probably around 19 or 20 and was very striking.. powerful.” At the time it made no sense that tiny Edie who had never weighed more than 36 pounds would be transformed into a powerful warrior in the afterlife. Today it makes perfect sense.

I pray today that Liza is buoyed by the strength of our mighty prayers and the support of warriors who have passed before us. God, keep us all strong so that we can march with Liza through any challenge in battle and along the road to full recovery. With your help, miracles will happen.
❤️💪⚔️🙏

Jamie sarkin

46 Psalm 1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.[c] 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. 5 God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. 6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts. 7 The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. 8 Come and see what the Lord has done, the desolations he has brought on the earth. 9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth. He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the shields[d] with fire. 10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” 11 The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress Sending you love, strength, and clarity today and always. ❤️ jamie

Micaela Brick

I’ve been thinking about Liza every single day. I miss her voice and her smile so much! The things I would to hear a sarcastic comment out of her mouth. I believe if anyone can power through this situation, it’s Liza. I love you sweet girl 🤍

Laura McKeithen

If anyone can, for sure it's Liza!

Tracey Richmond

Laura, What a lovely story. We are here, hand in hand, to give Liza & your family all the strength we have to help you through this trying time. Big hugs to Liza!❤️ She has so much love surrounding her from near & far!!!

Andrew McElhannon

Prayers for you ALL! Just started following your story, though I heard about it when it broke. May God bless you all with the strength, endurance, stamina and healing you ALL need during this time!!

Francine Press

Sending healing thoughts all through the day and night for Liza, for you, and all your loved ones Laura.

Ashly Maag

I love that image of Edie. I have no doubt that she is watching over Liza and you and sending you strength. Love and prayers to you from AVL.

Anne Manley

Laura, you are brave beyond words...what a wonderful image of Edie as the warrior leading the charge for sister Liza...thank you for sharing with your vast army of prayer warriors! We have been good friends of the Clements family in Griffin, GA for over 50 years. Our two sons are the same ages as David, Jr. and Coleman. Our oldest grandchild is also a senior at UGA. All of our family are praying for Liza and all of you continually❤️❤️❤️

Kim Dowd

Laura, we have been thinking about you daily. Lily called today from Spain and asked about Liza. I forwarded her this website after our conversation. I have a high school friend who was diagnosed with glioblastoma in 2017. She and her family, also, often referred to her as a "warrior" in communication and updates for friends and family during the beginning of her treatment. 6 years after her diagnosis, there have been ups and downs and she is still fighting, but the good news is she is still fighting! Fight on, Liza!

Mary Collier

Many people in my community are praying for Liza, her family and close friends. I live on Lake Blackshear in SW Georgia. It’s near Plains, Ga. I will share an article I found. It is a success story, of a patient that is healing from an exact diagnosis as Liza. He is doing well years after the diagnosis. I hope this brings you hope and comfort. You are in my prayers daily! Here is the article. https://www.memorialhermann.org/patients-visitors/patient-stories/beating-glioblastoma-multiforme-odds

Laura McKeithen

Success stories! YES!

Robin Fields

Laura, you don’t know me but I been praying for Liza every day since I heard about what happened. I also just found out that you are friends with Melanie Prentzas. I am a sorority sister of Melanie’s. I also have a daughter that is a freshman at UGA. She doesn’t know Liza but she said that some of her Theta sisters do know Liza. We wil continue praying for you all.

T. Whiteside

I am praying for Liza in the name of Jesus for her healing, strength and full recovery. And for your family to stay strong and get all the support you need. Amen 🙏🏾

7 months ago · Reply
      Laura McKeithen

Thank you!

7 months ago · Reply
Post comment comments require approval.