Posted 2019-02-15T02:30:00Z

Jesus Called Michael to Heaven Today

Hello All,

Michael passed away peacefully surrounded by his family around 3:00 this afternoon.

Thank you to each and every one of you — for all your prayers, words of encouragement and inspiration, generous gifts, and the many wonderful ways you’ve shown your support. Your outpouring of love and kindness brought us great comfort these last three months and we are forever grateful.

Visitation hours will be held on Monday, February 18th from 3pm-7pm at Bibber Funeral Home, located at 67 Summer St, Kennebunk, ME 04043 and a funeral mass will be held on Tuesday, February 19th at 11am at St. Martha Church, located at 30 Portland Rd, Kennebunk, ME 04043.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”  -John 3:16

Love,

Melissa, Spencer, Faith, Sarah, and Tim

cathie anastas

TO ALL WHO HAVE PRAYED FOR MICHAEL AND HIS FAMILY... I humbly ask that you consider reflecting on how praying for Michael and his family during this time of great suffering has changed/ impacted/ affected your own life in a positive way. Many of us have healed relationships, returned to our faith, deepened our relationship with God/Our Blessed Mother/ saints, asked for or offered forgiveness, developed a more grateful heart, made an important decision, changed our ways, etc. IF you are able, please consider the following options: 1. Posting your reflection right here 2. Sending an email to someone in the family 3. Sending a hand written note to the family Your reflections will be a written testimony to God's achievements through Michael's suffering. They will provide great comfort to his family. Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. If you need any addresses, please post your request here and the family can direct you when they are up to it. May God continue to provide strength and comfort to Michael's family.

Dominick Spadea

My deepest condolences. He is home in the arms of The Lord. Peace.

Susanne Dermigny

Our hearts our broken. I’m so very sorry.

Bob Flaherty

Dear Melissa, You and your children are deeply in my prayers--for the Lord's consolation and peace, which he always extends. Love Cousin Bobby

Melissa Emond

Love and prayers during your grief. We will continue to pray for you all. 💗

debra falvey

So very sorry for the loss of Michael. Have faith that he is resting with God. We will pray for peace and comfort for your family. God Bless You all -

Carina Kurban

Michael seemed like an incredible person and although I never had the pleasure of meeting him, it’s clear that he will continue to have an impact on so many people. Sending you all love and prayers during this time of grief ❤️

Marion Conceicao

I am so sorry for all suffering you are all going through. Although the pain will never go away, cherish the beautiful memories you have of Michael.

Beth Jackson

Our hearts are broken. Mike was such a wonderful young man, and we know he is now at peace in heaven. He leaves a legacy for all our his classmates of what goodness is. Lots of love, Colin, Beth, Karl, Ian, and Thais Jackson

Christine Jarowicz

Every time I saw Michael he made me smile. His smile, laugh, and kind soul lit up every room. I’ll never forget. Forever & always in our hearts❤️ Stay strong Meads family❤️

Emily Byrne

My sincere condolences to the Meads family. Michael was a genuine and compassionate person who will be missed dearly. May he rest in peace with God.

Betsy Fry

I'm so sorry to hear about Michael. The entire Meads family is in our thoughts and prayers. We will light a candle at church and pray for Michael and all of you. In Christ’s loving arms, there is enough strength to carry you, grace to keep you strong, and more than enough love to carry you through this time. I am so sorry for your loss.

Lisa Elert

I was praying for a miracle for all of you but hope you take comfort in knowing the truest miracle is eternity with Our Lord. My heart aches with sorrow for you, although we have never met my daughter has told me all about Michael. What a gift you have given us all by sharing this incredible faith community that has surrounded you with faith, hope, and love. Michael sounds like an amazing young man who was blessed with your dear family. Please know of the continued love and support of many in Illinois, especially our rosary group who has been so inspired by your witness in this journey. May all this love sustain you and comfort you.

Maria Maldonado

Mike was the truly the kindest and most genuine person in our grade. Sending all my thoughts, love, and prayers to your family.

Kiki Ogbuefi

Sending love and prayers to your entire family. I had the great pleasure to know Mike at school and he was an incredible and thoughtful kid. I am so sorry for your loss, may Mike rest in peace.

Maria Brumfield

May God bless and comfort the Meads family during this difficult period. Rest in the arms of the Lord, dear Michael

Lisa Varano

God Bless the Meads Family . May comfort and peace surround your Dear Family.

Stacey Schatzabel

Sending love, strength, and peace. Michael touched so many souls on earth and will continue to do so. He is a gift. 💕

Danielle DeRienzo

Sending my condolences to the Meads family. All of you have been through so much these past few months and I’m very sorry and sadden by this. Continuing to send my love and prayers your way for strength and peace during this time. ❤️ R.I.P Michael

Angela Porter

We were saddened by the news. You are right that heaven has gained a new angel. My heart goes out to you and your family! My son attends The Abbey and was praying for Michael, his fellow brother to get well.

Linda Brodeur

Dear Meads Family On behalf of the entire BG Community, I offer you our sympathy and prayers. Please know you will remain in our thoughts during the difficult days ahead. With love and blessings; Linda Brodeur, BGHS President

Jordan Grant

All my love to the Meads Family ♥️

Mary Rhodes

Our deepest condolences to each of you. Although our hearts are heavy we know that Michael is within the loving arms of Our Father. We pray that your continued faith will guide you through this journey and help your hearts and minds heal. Your faithful commitment to Michael reminds us of the power of prayer and the community our faith surrounds us with. We continue to pray for each you. Blessings, Mary and Brian Rhodes

Mary Rhodes

Lori Minor

Melissa and family my heart and my soul cries for the Pain you must be experiencing rightness now! I’m so sorry to hear abou Michael as I’ve been praying for him daily. He is now at complete peace with our Lord and will never suffer again! I pray you and your family can find the peace of Christ to offer comfort at this time. My love to you all ❤️ Lori Minor

June Mary Brick

DearMelissa,Spencer,Faith,Sarah,&Tim: Thank you for the priveledge of knowing such a beautiful family. Your journey through Michael’s illness became our journey also. Our hearts are hurting & although we didn’t receive the answer we were hoping for, we know that God has blessed so many with Good, because of Michael’s Life. We Trust that God’s Will has been accomplished. **May God Comfort your Hearts & Surround you with his Tender Love.💞 **Love is. . . . ETERNAL. ***Love does not vanish but is transformed into even greater love. **When Love has touched our lives, it remains Forever in our Hearts. ** “What we have once enjoyed, we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” *Helen Keller* “I will not leave you comfortless.” John 14:18 Our Sincere Sympathy, June & Jon Brick

John Fisher

Dear Meads Family, Our family has prayed together and individually during Michael's battle. We have many fond memories of Michael that we shared with each other and will continue to share. Please know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers. With Love, John, Judie, Casey, Kyle, & Peyton Fisher

John Fisher

Tim Wholey

Melissa, Spencer, Faith, Sarah and Tim: We are beyond profoundly sad and struggle to find words that would remotely come close to expressing our sorrow. May God Bless Michael, now in the palm of his loving hands, and all of you in this time of extreme loss and sorry. Love, Tim , Cait/Pete, Ryan, Erin/Ryan

Mary g

Our deepest sympathies to the Meads family.

Pam warner

Our daughter Lily had the pleasure of meeting Michael at UW. We have prayed for Michael and your family and have followed his journey. We are heartbroken for your unimaginable loss and will continue to pray for your family. The Warner Family

Pat Putnam

Melissa, Spencer, Faith, Sarah and Tim: We cannot imagine the depth of loss you must feel at this time. It was such a joy for us to see Michael grow over the years, into the outstanding young man he became. Thank you for sharing him with so many. His well-lived life has touched the hearts of multitudes. He goes home to the Father on Valentine's Day...the commercially celebrated day of love. But this departure, from all he knew and loved, is the ultimate manifestation of love. He is now in God's home...in a place where pain and sorrow cannot follow. Keeping you in our hearts, with love and prayer. The Putnam Family (David, Pat, Dylan & Christian) OXOX

Lila Monahan

We remember when you all lived down the street from us in Nashua...Jim remembers Michael from his Cal Ripken baseball years...such a sweet kid We are so very sorry for all of this- his illness, the complications and the passing of his life at such a young age We will hold you all in our thoughts and prayers Lila and Jim Monahan

Deb Endyke

It was with great sadness that we learned of Michael's passing. May God enfold your family in His loving arms and may Michael rest in peace. You are in our thoughts and prayers. With love from the Endyke family.

Paula Reetz

To the Meads Family we are aching for your loss. Michael we will always remember your smile and laugh. Jack and the buds will keep your memories alive. Peace be with you, The Reetz Family

John Donovan

Michael’s spirit lives on forever through all the people he affected in a such a positive way. Love and prayers to the Mead family and all his close friends. Stay strong. John, Tricia, Kylie, and Ryan Donovan.

Kemberlee Kaye

Deeply heartbroken to hear that Michael has moved on, but thankful for the hope of glory, that in his new home, there is only peace, love, and joy. Have. We. Praying for you all and will continue praying for the Lord’s overwhelming peace and comfort. God bless and keep all of y’all.

Jane Jones

Dear Dear Melissa, Faith, Sarah, Tim and Spencer, My heavy grieving sorrowing heart is right there with you today and every day since your dear Michael was brought into eternity by our loving Almighty God. I have slept poorly, thinking of and praying for Michael and your family, since the 14th, and as I lay awake during the nights, I have thought about how Our Beloved Lord has shown you so many consolations through all of this. First I am thinking of Our Holy Mother Mary and of all she suffered. I read somewhere that she implored Our Lord and Savior to let her die instead of Him. How much the Heavenly Father looked upon her prayers with love, but saw another Plan that was His alone to know and hers to trust. I am also thinking of how He allowed Michael to go to Him on Valentine's Day and a Thursday, the day of the Institution of the Greatest Valentine that ever was, is and will be: the Holy Eucharist. And at around 3:00, the Hour of Great Mercy. Nothing that God Almighty our Heavenly Father does is just mere coincidence. Everything was lovingly thought out by Him for His Plan. And while your grief is raw and the sorrow and pain in your heart is very deep, I am praying that these consolations that He sent you have told you that He is looking at you with tremendous love, just as He looked upon the Mother of His Son as she stood beneath the cross. Our family is grieving with you and is praying with you and for you. I wish so much I could go to Michael's funeral. I want to be there with you to love and pray and laugh and weep for Michael and each other's pain. My heart is there. Our family LOVES you. With love, Chris and Jane, David, Christopher and Brendan

Susanne Dermigny

Asking if we could all say a Rosary tonight for Melissa, her children and extended family. Tomorrow they are going to be starting the unthinkable and unimaginable. Love to all. ❤️

Jane Jones

Yes, Susanne, definitely, our family will be praying a Rosary tonight and all this week for the sorrowing Meads family! Thank you for suggesting this. The Rosary will help them through. God Bless you, Jane and the Jones family

Susanne Dermigny

Jane. I just read your words to Melissa and her children. Your insight into the day, time, and their suffering is powerful and I believe spiritually guideded. ❤️❤️

Diane Jamieson

I’m so very sorry for your devastating loss of your precious Michael. Someone suggested sharing the effect on us of praying for Michael and the whole Meads family. I have been sharing the updates with my husband and three teenaged children. The experience has made us stop our busy lives for a time and reflect on the precious gift of life and of family. I think we cherish each other a little bit more than before. I pray that you find some comfort in knowing how many people will continue to pray for you. Peace be with you. ❤️ Diane

Karen Linscott

Our son, Nelson, was a pledge brother of Michaels. We are so sorry for your loss. I love the pictures on this site, Michael had a great smile. I know Nelson loved him dearly. Our prayers will continue for your family. “For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” Isaiah 41:13. May you feel Jesus’ grip in the days, weeks and months ahead. May you feel his love and peace. Much love from Minnesota. Karen Linscott

Paula Poeer

I did not know Michael, but my daughter Paulina went to school with him. Thank you for sharing your journey of faith and prayer, it has affected me profoundly. I will continue to pray for the comfort of your family. Rest in peace, Michael.

Terri Caligiuri

Dear Melissa, I had the gift of meeting Michael and some of your other children once while visiting my sister Cathie in Nashua and I remember your beautiful and loving family well. We, here in Buffalo, have been praying for Mike and all of you during this unthinkable time and have reached out to prayer groups and prayer lines to pray for a miracle, which I was inspired to do because of Mike’s goodness and because of your faith filled, & loving family. I prayed God would wrap His arms around Mike and miraculously heal him and am so sorry that that was not God’s plan. We will continue to pray now for God’s healing grace for all of you especially in the days ahead, and in thanksgiving knowing that Mike is in His loving arms. Love from Terri Caligiuri & Family

Erin pufunt

Your family has been in my daily prayers for months. Michaels light very obviously touched my parents and my brothers’- even having known him so briefly. What a great gift to the world he was; What a shadow his loss has cast. Your son/brother is deeply loved. And so very important. “Each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.” Peace & light to you... Erin Pufuntt

cathie anastas

Jane Jones

Dear Sarah, Melissa, Faith and Tim and Spencer. . . and MICHAEL, Our family will be praying our Rosary tonight for your family, so that Almighty God, Our Holy Mother Mary and Our Savior Jesus Christ and all the angels and saints will sustain you during the wake this evening and tomorrow at the funeral and afterwards. We LOVE you, Chris and Jane, David, Christopher and Brendan

Kari Medeiros

We are so sorry to hear of Michaels passing. Michael played baseball with my son on the Nashua North Diamondbacks. I remember him as a sweet young kid! Deepest condolences to you all.