It's been a long time.
6 months today.
It doesn't seem like we've been without Rocco's magical smile and warm words of encouragement that long, but...we have. In the last week, three different people told me they ask themselves the same question all the time, "What Would Rocco Do?"
Some can almost hear his answer and others imagine and it helps.
His night table has quite the collection now.
- Photos, articles on him, his books, cologne,
- Two time pieces he wore one -when I first met him and the other on the last day side by side,
- The card I found in his library that was addressed to him but was from me after 20 years conveying that things will get easier...(now with a corner missing from Winston's recent chew fest),
- The glasses he looked through to see us all more clearly,
- The black clay vase he threw on a wheel himself,
- His CCM hat, (worn and loved),
- A statue of a reaching angel he had back in his LA apartment days,
- A little rock Kendall gave him for good luck when she was small -we found it in his brief case,
- The little stone I chose a few weeks ago at the mindfulness training he took three years earlier, that reads "LOVE",
- The program from his Celebration of Life,
- The last coloring he did that reads, "LOVE LIVES HERE",
- And the newest addition is a wrist band his students made for eachother that reads,
- "What Would Rocco Do?"
..all of it resting on a piece of prayer silk.
I miss him terribly and I know you do too.
Here is his Life Story in a short video that we played at his memorial, if you'd like to see it again or for the first time, I'll bet there is something in it that you never knew about him...
Denise and Kendall