Posted 2018-03-30T04:55:30Z

Six months without him..."What Would Rocco Do?"

Hi Everybody,

It's been a long time.

6 months today.

It doesn't seem like we've been without Rocco's magical smile and warm words of encouragement that long, but...we have. In the last week, three different people told me they ask themselves the same question all the time, "What Would Rocco Do?"

Some can almost hear his answer and others imagine and it helps.

Remembering him.

His night table has quite the collection now.

1. Photos, articles on him, his books, cologne,
  2. Two time pieces he wore one -when I first met him and the other on the last day side by side,
  3. The card I found in his library that was addressed to him but was from me after 20 years conveying that things will get easier...(now with a corner missing from Winston's recent chew fest),
  4. The glasses he looked through to see us all more clearly,
  5. The black clay vase he threw on a wheel himself,
  6. His CCM hat, (worn and loved),
  7. A statue of a reaching angel he had back in his LA apartment days,
  8. A little rock Kendall gave him for good luck when she was small  -we found it in his brief case,
  9. The little stone I chose a few weeks ago at the mindfulness training he took three years earlier, that reads  "LOVE",
  10. The program from his Celebration of Life,
  11. The last coloring he did that reads, "LOVE LIVES HERE",
  12. And the newest addition is a wrist band his students made for eachother that reads,
  13. "What Would Rocco Do?"

..all of it resting on a piece of prayer silk.

I miss him terribly and I know you do too.

Here is his Life Story in a short video that we played at his memorial, if you'd like to see it again or for the first time, I'll bet there is something in it that you never knew about him...

Love,

Denise and Kendall

Scott Gina and Emma

We miss him so much, Sis and Kendall. His love lives here in all of us.

Jenny Thomas

I do ask, “what would Rocco do”, now and again. I’m always sad when I ask it, because I just want to be able to ask him...thinking about you both Denise and Kendall. Sending love your way! ~Jenny T

Jean Zarzour

I've always wished I'd known Rocco better. If we only lived closer. The funny thing is, it didn't take knowing him long to catch his special, infectious, all accepting spirit. He was a genuine original and loved you both so deeply that it hurts all the way here. xo

Mary Lodholm

Got him on my puja with you and Kendall. I love you. Sometimes I feel him with me. Mostly I just think of him and you and how responsible I am for Kendall being alive... I’m just kidding... but it’s true though. I should get some free honey. Seriously though, I’m so proud of how you carry yourself. I know Rocco is too. I love this whole family with an ascending soul watching over the two of you.

Mat Lageman

My heart breaks along with all come here. Thank You for sharing this.

Lester Thomas Shane

Thanks for sharing and bringing a bit of Rocco's joy and love back into our consciousness as we come to this weekend. Passover and Easter. Celebrations of Spring, Freedom, Redemption and The undying power of infinite love. Grieving is a mysterious journey filled such sadness as we remember such joy. Sending you all love and light. A reflection back from him.

Mafer Del Real

I love you Denise! This is weird, it is 2:00 in the morning, I was having a very bad dream where I wasn't able to wake up, in the dream I remember seeing several books with Rocco's name on them. I finally woke up and grabbed the phone and your comment is the first thing I see. Thank you for sharing these moment when you think about him with us. Also, thank you for sharing the video. Sending you the biggest hug!

Shelly Wallace

Thank you for sharing, Denise. I miss Rocco. He lives on in all of us that he has inspired and touched. 💗

Amy Stoller

I still feel Rocco's warmth and encouragement in my life. Always grateful for him. Thank you for this update. You're doing well, even in those moments when you think you're not.

Eva van Leer

Is there a way to obtain a WWRD bracelet? He is so missed.

Denise Dal Vera

Hi Eva.... Let me see who did the first run and maybe if a few are interested, I can make that happen. There may be extra's from the first go around... Sending love. -Denise

Brooke Summers

I’m at a surgeon’s office waiting for my appointment to see if surgery on my foot is necessary. It’s the first time in decades I’m experiencing such fear without talking to Rocco. I don’t really ask myself what would Rocco do. His life was and is so powerful there is no question...for me. I know what he would do. My question is how to continue without him here on earth. I want to hear his voice, hear him laugh, disagree with me, jump on board with some “out there” venture, brainstorm or ponder. I never realized how much a person could help me live. Now I do. My comfort is I am with you all. I know what we plug into is greater than what I can even imagine. Rocco is here on earth in us, so POWERFULLY with Denise and Kendal. I love you Dal Veras....forever. Yep. Love

Lisa Kelchner

Denise and Kendall- Once again, thanks for reaching out to those who worked with Rocco and sharing a piece of your heart. I have that wonderful smiling picture of Rocco in my office and he often reminds me to go high and not to get tangled in nonsense. Just like the last conversation I had with him last April--I came away better. It is profoundly sad that his person is not around, but his warmth and generous soul will never be extinguished. The world needs more Rocco. With affection~

Brooke Summers

Hey everyone, I apologize. What would Rocco do is a POWERFUL question and gift in his response (knowing it). On second thought, I hope you know what I meant. I just miss him!!

David Meyers

This brought me to tears. The loss of such a sweet spirit is palpable, and my heart goes out to you both Denise and Kendall. I suppose I should include all of the students whose consciousness was awakened by Rocco, as well. I'm so happy though that I got to reconnect with him in his last year. I'm proud to have counted him my friend.

Roxane Rix

Thank you for this sharing. I've been thinking of you, hoping for your continued healing... and all of ours. Sending love to you and all.

Anne Dal Vera

Denise and Kendall, I feel so close to you, even when we are apart. Rocco's love and great spirit continues to inspire, as you inspire me. I will soon be taking a Mindfulness course offered through work. And I feel the magic of having it be available right when I needed it! Must have been Rocco that arranged that one. I do often look up and say, "I wish I could talk this over with you, Rocco!" which is another way of asking, "What would Rocco do?" If you do have one of those bracelets, I would be interested in having one. I like the idea of "go high and not get tangled in nonsense." thanks Lisa!

Post comment comments require approval.